• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front springs

jdeoliveira74

So today I rotated my tires fronts were choppy and starting to make a bunch of road noise. While the front tires were off I noticed my front springs didnt have the nice bow in them. They look straigt across is this right. I know the thread is usless with out pics I will take some in am.

Motomech

Flat or negative arched stock springs are normal. They should only have about 4'' of upward travel before hitting the bump stop.

I also have the Rough country HD springs..At first I was using all 4 Rancho shocks up front And it was a harsh ride..I have since removed 2 of the shocks and found the ride to be much improved on and off road (We have a lot of washboard roads round here)

Adding A winch bumper and winch made the ride even better!

ssdvc

You should be able to take the stock springs to a spring shop and have them re-arch/rebuild them to whatever height you need. I spoke to one a few months ago and they said they could give mine a nice 1.5-2" lift, using the stockers.

Just a thought.

jdeoliveira74

You should be able to take the stock springs to a spring shop and have them re-arch/rebuild them to whatever height you need. I spoke to one a few months ago and they said they could give mine a nice 1.5-2" lift, using the stockers.

Just a thought.
HAVE TO FIND a spring shop... dont know any in town
good suggestion will look into

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Just a thought.
I had bad luck having springs re-arched. Not too long after installing the springs one of the leaves snapped near the U-bolts. It may have been the shops fault or the age of the springs or any number of other reasons. I avoided this option when it came to reworking the springs in my M1009.

IdahoPlowboy

Had my 1009 springs re arched over a year ago and had 2 1/2 inches front and rear of lift and no problems. I am currently giving my 1028 4" inches of lift with the front being re arched and the rear will be ORD shackle flip. I will let you know how it goes. So far I will have to say with 1009 they certainly dont suck.

sweetk30

first off the fronts are tapered leafs = no rearching not good at all to do.

next you can only arch a givin leaf pack so much before you cant hook up the shackle end and not notice the axle is moved.

and as said waste of time re arching 30+ year old worn out springs. all the time/energy to half ass it just dont pay.

the solid axle gm trucks in 4x4 like these had flat stock fronts . but after years of use or worse 454 or 6.2 hanging in the front it kills the stockers.

lift springs have a longer set of leafs to give lift /arch and keep everything working correctly.

for bolt on good stuff tuff country/bds are about the top 2 name brand springs.

www.offroaddesign.com has tons of stuff for these trucks. and if you dont see it just ask. ( best to call over emails also )

and nothing wrong with denver or alcan springs just big 2cents2cents in the end. lots of guys run them and love them . just getting the bill is the killer. as thay are full custom built to your spec springs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks