• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frustrating wiper fluid pump

ADKM1009

So my wipers wouldn't go back down into park, were working at only one speed and there was no fluid coming out of the nozzles....replaced the entire wiper motor/pump assembly and everything worked great. During the replacement I checked the hoses, pickup in the water bottle and nozzles for obstructions/damage. All checked out OK. Haven't driven the truck in a month or so since I did this and now I no longer have any fluid coming out of the washer nozzles. Pulled the lines to the nozzles off the pump and ran it and you can hear the pump clicking over, but you only get a dribble out of one the nipples. Pickup in tank and hose from tank to pump are fine - checked those again. Fluid in tank in 3/4 full. Pulled the electrical connectors off and gave them a blast with contact cleaner. Still no luck. Any thoughts or did I just get a bad pump from NAPA?

Also, after spending an hour searching to no success last night does anyone have the instructions as to how to do the glow plug resistor bypass?

Thanks!

top_prop

I received my m1009 from GL with wipers that would work, but a pump that wouldn't pump... I pulled a simple resevoir with the pump mounted in it off of a late 80's GM pickup, it screwed to the fender wall near where the old resvoir was, I but spliced the wires from the old pump/motor to the new resevoir pump and I ran new hoses to the nozzels.... sort of a junk yard upgrade.

and for your resistor bypass... look here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?63366-Glow-Plug-By-Pass-Help

Last edited:

ADKM1009

Yeah - i think i am going that route. I thought maybe it needed to be primed and so i filled the hose, held it above the pump and ran it and sure enough it worked. Put the hose back on the pick up and it worked for a few tries then gave up the ghost. Guessing for some reason the new pump doesn't have enough draw.

sschaefer3

I bought the newer tank and the electric pump from LMC and then replaced the wiper motor with the newer version. I could never get the older style to work either.

rivcrazy2000

I bought a universal washer pump from NAPA. Was $16 just hook the two original wires up to it so it still pumps with the switch, took 7 minutes to install and was super easy and straight forward. If you can get the the newer version washer pump setup cheaper I'd go that route but if you can't then just go and ask for a universal pump. My wipers worked great but the washer didn't, this has been a good fix and its held up for a year now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks