• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FS: Dana 60 front axle out of an M1008---SOLD----

sarkis18d

Dana 60 front axle out of an M1008

Up for sale is one complete front end. Includes lockout hubs, lug nuts, rotors, calipers, pads, sway bar, spring plates and u-bolts, some of the steering is there. Everything seems to move freely with no binding, hubs lock and unlock easily. This is what I can see it needs. Yoke seal leaks, pads are in good shape but dirty/same with rotors. I strongly believe you could bolt her up fill the oil and go. I have posted this on a few sites and will reply as soon as I can and will take offers in order they come. Send me you email if you’d like pics. My email is sarkis_@hotmail.com. I’d like it gone sooner then later. I like cash and Pay Pal (if you want to use pay pal I will add 4% to total). I will sacrifice some $$ if it leaves fast. I can hold it for a short time with a non-refundable down payment. Asking $800 OBO.

Thanks all

Sarkis

acetomatoco

RE: FS: Dana 60 front axle out of an M1008

For $100 would be a deal... Heck running M1008s are coming out of GL for under a grand around here.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: FS: Dana 60 front axle out of an M1008

Sarkis, it would help if we knew where you are located. You need to add your location to your personal info or your signiture line.(site requirement)

papercu

axle

SS is a International forum, acetomatoco, it may be that sarkis18d is from one of those places that has no G/L. but we'll never know unless he/she tells us. Wayne

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A chevy Dana 60 will bring around a grand each! Crazy but true. :cry: Probably thinking of a M1009 which has the Dana 44 which can be bought for under 400$ new.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
hndrsonj said:
A chevy Dana 60 will bring around a grand each! Crazy but true. :cry: Probably thinking of a M1009 which has the Dana 44 which can be bought for under 400$ new.
Actually the M1009 has GM 10-bolts front and back.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OOPS, you are correct the civvy blazers prior to, I believe, 1980 had 44's. The 1009's had 10 bolts. (think Colemans has them) :oops:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that it matters to anyone but the switchover to the 10 bolt from the Dana 44 took place mid year 1977.

AJMBLAZER

Recovry4x4 said:
Not that it matters to anyone but the switchover to the 10 bolt from the Dana 44 took place mid year 1977.
This is GM we're talking about here, they were putting D44's and 10 bolts under trucks on the same lines until at least 1980. Had to use up the stock they had.
I almost bought a '80 a while ago that had a D44 and 12 bolt from the factory.
I've also seen trucks that came stock with a 10 bolt front and a 12 bolt rear.
There used to be a guy on ColoradoK5.com who had a '83 that he swore came new with a 12 bolt.

At any rate he should easily be able to get $800 for that D60. I've seen guys pay that for dually front axles that needed to be rebuilt as well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
12 bolt rears were used thru 1980. 1981 started the 10 bolt rears. If you found an 80 with the 44 in the front, it was swapped in. GM used the balance of the 44 fronts in 77 then made the switchover. iI have the paperwork around here somewhere to document that. Think it was march but I'll dig up the stuff from the assy plant. BOM numbers stamped in the tube of the 44s tells you what brakes and applications the fronts were designed for. Guarantee no one can produce a 44 with a BOM for a gm truck dated after 1977.

You are right about the price, $800 is a good price for that axle

AJMBLAZER

Seriously beg to differ with you. I've got family who has worked for GM for decades and trust me, they're always using up old stock in the plants. Official dates are just that, official dates and have no bearing on reality.

Like how my '92 Chevrolet K1500 Blazer had all kinds of '93 spec parts in it because GM introduced them late in the '92 run but never really told anyone.

...or how figuring out if your rear 8.5" 10 bolt actually has 28 or 30 spline axleshafts requires taking the thing apart and counting yourself because GM's official answer depends on 2wd or 4x4, the year, the vehicle, and often differs from other answers GM itself has said on the subject.

Also this is why my '86 (according to the VIN) M1008 has a bunch of parts from 84-85 models on it that shouldn't be there. GM upgraded stuff on the civie trucks but since the old stuff was already approved on the CUCV's they just kept using the old stock they had into the last CUCV's in '87. My windshield washer pump setup is just like what any other CUCV would have but no civy trucks after '85 would have it.

Sniff around on ColroadoK5 and read some of the posts on this subject.

Back on topic but a friend's buddy just paid $1000 for his D60 that had been seriously neglected and required a complete rebuild. Frankly he was pleased.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks