• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FT HOOD Museum Pics

Katahdin

Hey guys, as some of you know I'm down at Fort Hood visiting with my brother. I'm seeing lots of great stuff so I'm going to post my pictures here. This may take me a few days to do with my trip schedule so please bear with me. I'm also going back to the base Wednesday and may be able to get some more pics.

First, this picture I'm dedicating to doghead:

elvis_chilis.jpg

(Its from the on-base Chili's restaurant)

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, there is a second vehicle museum/display a few blocks east of the main one, some neat vehicles there. There is also a V100 outside the 720th MP headquarters building. There are lots of static vehicles, and even an A-10, outside various buildings around the base (which is huge).

Cheers

This M37 looks like it has a RATT shelter on it. Is this correct? I've seen such shelters on M880 and M1008s, but not M37s. To be fair though, I served in the 1970s through the 1990s and except for Panama I didn't serve overseas where M37s were a common sight.
Great pics from FT Hood by the way. FT Knox used to have a pretty good collection of armor vehicles too but they were all shipped off to FT Benning when the Armor school moved to that post.
For the Air Force Zoomies here is a Warthog at FT Campbell, KY for your viewing pleasure.m37-cargo-2.jpgA-10 Warthog at FT Campbell Resized.jpgA-10 Warthog resized Dec 12.jpg

Last edited:
This M37 looks like it has a RATT shelter on it. Is this correct? I've seen such shelters on M880 and M1008s, but not M37s. To be fair though, I served in the 1970s through the 1990s and except for Panama I didn't serve overseas where M37s were a common sight.
Great pics from FT Hood by the way. FT Knox used to have a pretty good collection of armor vehicles too but they were all shipped off to FT Benning when the Armor school moved to that post.
For the Air Force Zoomies here is a Warthog at FT Campbell, KY for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 400322View attachment 400323View attachment 400324

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Largest military installation in the "free world" if I remember correctly. Didn't miss it when I was there, but now, looking back????? Killeen on payday! OMG! LOL Harker Heights?
God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks