• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Mead pickup on 9-19 MAYBE!

BobM

I recieved the coveted Paid-In-Full Invoice Friday and immediately called GL at Ft Mead to try to arrange a pickup for Fri the 19th of Sept. Of course all I got was a recording and got to leave a message. Noone returned my call, so I have no idea if I can pickup next Fri. Since this is a 600 mile+ trip, I need to be able to plan it out a little bit.
Does anyone know how strict/difficult getting a pickup time is at Ft Mead?
And is anyone else planning to be there next Fri?

warwick

I'll be there friday Sept. 19 at 10:00am to pick up my M1008

I talked with the site manager [i think her name was sarah ] nice person and easy to work with, she said she had openings for all day [9am-11am & 12:30-1:30] on friday.

I called and left a message[Wed.] and she called me back the following day[Thurs].

Good luck

dm22630

Calling does not work with them.

You have to email the site manager in order to get anywhere.

The site manager is Sarah Dutton. Her email address is sdutton@govliquidation.com

Keep in mind that you can only be scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 9:30-1:30 I think.

Also, when you go to Ft Meade.....do NOT listen to the directions on GL's website. It sends you to the commercial gate. They will not let you in. You have to go through the main entrance on the other side of the base. When you go into the base tell them that you bought a deuce & need to go the the DRMO building on Rock Avenue.

The first trip to the base, they searched my car & looked under it with mirrors. Make sure you dont bring any weapons onto the base, or you will get arrested.

BobM

dm22630 said:
Here are the directions that I had to go from the main gate to the GL office.

I checked the satellite view & made sure it was right.
If I understand correctly, you entered on Reece Rd? Then proceeded to Ernie Pyle and then down to Rock Ave?
And I am really glad to get Sarah's email. I will send a message tonight (even tho I know she won't get it till Monday morning!) :wink:

dm22630

BobM said:
If I understand correctly, you entered on Reece Rd? Then proceeded to Ernie Pyle and then down to Rock Ave?
And I am really glad to get Sarah's email. I will send a message tonight (even tho I know she won't get it till Monday morning!) :wink:
Yep!

The route I posted a link to is the exact same roads that I took to get to the GL building.

BobM

dm22630 said:
BobM said:
Yep!

The route I posted a link to is the exact same roads that I took to get to the GL building.
Great. I wrote Sarah an email and hopefully I will be there Fri sometime. Hopefully in the AM as I'd like to make it either home or at least close the same day.
Thanks for the info.

BobM

Warwick essentially reposted my thread and even I'm posting in it! :lol:
Oh well, at least this thread has some useful info about which gate to use!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I also got my first EUC back on Friday. Like Bob, I called and did not get a call back. I just emailled Sarah. Thanks Daniel for the info and email address. I am shooting for Friday as well. pm me and I will give you my cell should you, or I, need assistance. Dudley

Orionspath

Ft. Meade DRMO

These are really great people at this location. On my way back from the oceanside last July, I was running .5 hours later than expected and they had absolutly no problem with that. Sarah and the other fellow there were extremly helpful with asstisting me in loading and paperwork. Man was it a hot afternoon. And Friday afternoon traffic is really a challenge in that area. I drove for an additional 4 hours and finally pulled into the farm around sunset.
Pete

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am trying to pick up my M109 this week,I dont have a date or time yet.Sarah is great to work with.The security is tighter than most places because the NSA is there.

BobM

jcappeljr said:
I am trying to pick up my M109 this week,I dont have a date or time yet.Sarah is great to work with.The security is tighter than most places because the NSA is there.
John, did you also enter thru the gate on Reece Rd?
And when you said that my truck wouldn't turn over, was that because the batts were dead or do I have a bigger problem? Did you notice the condition of the tires? I am planning on flat towing it home. I wondered how many spares to bring. :)

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
No, I came off RT. 32 to RT. 197 where it says trucks and deliveries. Sarah tried turning it over. I didnt check it over real good because I was checking out 4 other trucks I bought. plus your truck was blocked in with other trucks.I will try to get those pics to you tonight.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Everytime I go, Im in a commercial vehicle,since Im in excavating business.I have to enter at the trucks and deliveries gate.

BobM

I'm leaning towards the Reece Street entrance, since that would put me on Ernie Pyle St. I live just miles away from Ernie Pyle's boyhood home. He and Walt Disney were my boyhood heros. In fact I take comfort in the fact that we all three of us live about the same distance south of US 36. They turned out alright so maybe I will too! :wink:

HeadWizard

If you are driving anything other than a car/van/suv/pickup you will have to go in the commercial gate. If you have boxes/fuel cans/etc in you vehicle, they will probably send you to the commercial gate - I speak from experience.

Be nice to Sarah, she's good people and will take care of you.

BobM

HeadWizard said:
If you are driving anything other than a car/van/suv/pickup you will have to go in the commercial gate. If you have boxes/fuel cans/etc in you vehicle, they will probably send you to the commercial gate - I speak from experience.

Be nice to Sarah, she's good people and will take care of you.
Yeah Sarah emailed me back and I'm a go for 10:30 AM Fri! I asked her about which entrance I should use and she asked me what I would be driving. I replied and am awaiting a reply from her.
And, of course, my internet took a dump last night and I now have to grab the laptop and go mobile to read email. :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks