• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FT. Meade M101A3 recovery

EUC in about 2 weeks and went to pick up today. Took an air compressor as on tire was low, no problems at all and she towed like a dream!

Got to love the brand new tires and a fresh coat of paint, but of course the .gov employees had to ad some forklift camo to the fenders.

Justin and all the other Ft. Meade GL employees are great!

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
We (my son Matt, Nonotagain and I) pulled 4 trailers A3's out of Meade today. There is a sea of trailers out there ready to go up for auction. I hope its one big trailer auction so the prices will drop. The 101A3 towed perfectly. I am gonna buy me one now, well maybe 2,3 or 4...if the $$$$$ is right. That is a great bunch of GL employees at that site. I do not have a bad word to say, except I did see the forklift smash every set of lights it lifted.

Nonotagain

We (my son Matt, Nonotagain and I) pulled 4 trailers A3's out of Meade today. There is a sea of trailers out there ready to go up for auction. I hope its one big trailer auction so the prices will drop. The 101A3 towed perfectly. I am gonna buy me one now, well maybe 2,3 or 4...if the $$$$$ is right. That is a great bunch of GL employees at that site. I do not have a bad word to say, except I did see the forklift smash every set of lights it lifted.
I would like to thank Dudley for his assistance with my trailer recoveries.
After watching a set of composite lights being whole one minute and then hanging by the wiring the next, I was able to hand turn my trailers so that the dreaded "fork truck rash" get mine.
Dudley, whatever you need, I'm indebted to you for this morning!
I got down to my Mom-n-Dads house late this afternoon with the 105, they sure pull a lot heavier than the 101's do.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am glad you made it there safely. Its my pleasure to help with any recoveries while I am off. Besides, I like spending time with my sons. Trips to GL, are our favorite family outing lately. I will be heading up to Mechanicsburg on Tuesday if anybody needs me to look at something let me know.

HAWKMAN

I did see a couple guys there around noon'ish, who had the silver Dodge w/two trailers on back??....no problems towing mine back the 270 miles @ 75mph and yea the fellows down there were great! The female guard at the inspectiion site did kind'a look at me funny when she saw my trailer plate in the back of my van and it wasn't quite 'matching' for the item being removed.....:p

Nonotagain

No problems towing mine back the 270 miles @ 75mph and yea the fellows down there were great! The female guard at the inspectiion site did kind'a look at me funny when she saw my trailer plate in the back of my van and it wasn't quite 'matching' for the item being removed.....:p
What inspection area did you get into leaving Meade?

The shortest route of of there is to make a right oout of the GL lot, then the first left to the stop light then a right turn and follow that out to Rt 175. No inspection points what so ever.

HAWKMAN

The shortest route of of there is to make a right oout of the GL lot, then the first left to the stop light then a right turn and follow that out to Rt 175. No inspection points what so ever.
Leaving was no problem, this happened when I was getting checked coming in.

I always go left and left at the first the first light then straight onto 32.

No SF-97 required? Did you use Staub?

Sent them my GL invoice was all they need for a trailer built prior to 95.

I used Maine trailer registrations. I had all the staab stuff but called these guys and they said they didn't need a power of attorney for a trailer that didn't need a title. Not sure if staab would have but it was on their paper work and was $20.

There was no date of manufacture on my Bill or on the trailer.

This means no MD inspection fees.[thumbzup]

Last edited:

DieselBob

So they didn't care your residence was Md ? Interesting. I've got a 105 that needs a tag and I would prefer not to go through the hassle and expense the "Free State" imposes.

Last edited:
So they didn't care your residence was Md ? Interesting. I've got a 105 that needs a tag and I would prefer not to go through the hassle and expense the "Free State" imposes.
Nope. They all advertise that you can do it legally. Just look at how many big rigs have Maine tags.

Coworker recommended staab and has good things to say about them. Just went with these guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks