• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FT. Meade M101A3 recovery

DieselBob

Well I might just give it a try. I ditched my easy pass when they started charging a "maintenance" fee. Got the same thing from Massachusetts for free. No deposits and no fees.

DieselBob

Congrats on getting the tags. If I remembered correctly I had talked to my insurance agent a couple years back he said that most trailers don't carry insurance. They are covered by the towing vehicle. Kind of like your insurance covers rental vehicles up to your maximum policy amount on your insured vehicle.

Bighurt

Congrats on getting the tags. If I remembered correctly I had talked to my insurance agent a couple years back he said that most trailers don't carry insurance. They are covered by the towing vehicle. Kind of like your insurance covers rental vehicles up to your maximum policy amount on your insured vehicle.
Accident and liability coverage is extended from the tractor or tow vehicle, however damage insurance, say future forklift damage or bobcat damage requires separate insurance.

Whitey

State of Maine has the trailer racket for sure. I know multiple people of people in MD that have gone that route, commercial and private, no prob whatsoever. Look at the nearest interstate trailer traveling in your state, fairly good chance it's Maine. In the Mid-Atlantic region is very common.

Nonotagain

State of Maine has the trailer racket for sure. I know multiple people of people in MD that have gone that route, commercial and private, no prob whatsoever. Look at the nearest interstate trailer traveling in your state, fairly good chance it's Maine. In the Mid-Atlantic region is very common.
Maine was one of the first states to issue 5, 10, and permanent trailer tags when other states only issued one year tags.

Attempting to keep track on where a trailer is so that the tag stickers can be applied to the tag is a major pain in the butt.

UPS at one time forced their drivers to run the trailers from Breezewood PA to the Baltimore MD with expired tags because that’s where the trailers were based and the tag stickers were sent. Back then trailer tags expired at the end of March.

The company that I worked for refused to go the Maine tag route due to a twisted loyalty to the state of Maryland. The company is no longer in business and Maryland is 1.6 billion dollars in debt and is looking at doubling the tag fees for a second time in the last 6 years.

My travel trailer registered for 14,000 lbs. cost me $248 a year. It won't be long before it won't be registered in Maryland either.