• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel aditive in your tank

Jimma

I know its a different vehicle but in my deuce I am running a mix of well filtered soybean oil with my diesel and it seems to run slightly quieter and has a exhaust smell of food.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think about waste motor oil for a minute. You take it out of your engine so it won't damage mechanical clearances of several thousandths of an inch, take out the 'chunks', and run it through an injector pump with clearances in the ten-thousandths? Does that bother anyone else??

IMHO only a centrifuge (or expensive few-micron filter) will clean WMO enough to reuse it for fuel. Either of those methods cost a lot to set up, fitlter cost, and time to manage. My Diesels get the best fuel I can find from the busiest stations, with Power Service additive. My used motor oil gets re-refined by the big boys.

YMMV of course

tennmogger

fantastico

Tenn, You make a very valid point and it has merit. BUT the Multi-fuel engines were designed to allow MANY different fuel types to run. So why wouldn't you do it? I would run it with very filtered umo or uvo as a mixture 50/50, but no more than that with either product and it runs very well, without problems. my 2 cents

panama

Well I am no expert nor have I spent YEARS experimenting with my M1009 but I DO use a quart of 2 cycle every fill up and am of the understanding that 2 cycle oil was MEANT to burn with fuel and regular motor oil is not. I agree with tenn on the used oil and regardless of what everyone's personal preference is...I think my 6.2 DOES run quieter with no ill effects to power or MPG.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks