• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel drain cock leaking, help needed please.

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
I have a friend who has a 805B set, the actual fuel tank drain that protrudes thru the skid frame rail is or was leaking, he drained the tank and set out to find a bung or plug where when its tightened it will swell up and seal the tank from draining, no Auto Parts store offered a read fix so in his wisdom he bought the closest size and overdrilled the tank wall to where this new stop or filler plug would fit and seal off the tank, never mind he took away the tank draining feature, well we know where this is going, the material the new plug is made from lasted a few weeks and then deteriorated because it was made for water and not DIESEL fuel, to the point now the tank is leaking pretty badly.. I'm sorta out of suggestions to offer him on what or how he can seal the hole and or if or where we can buy a real diesel rated plug ..
All suggestions welcomed and maybe i can help him get this solved..
Thanks again, mac/mc

Jeepadict

If it's the external bung o-ring leaking,, the first trick I would try is to to change out to a Viton ring. Research the part he installed to find the proper size.

If the bung has failed for some reason, have him refrence the "ultimate well nut repair" to see parts and techniques that are known good fixes. He'll obviously have to get an oversized part since he opened it up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did he open it up to Mac? I would find an appropriate sized brass bulkhead fitting with oversized washers and seal it up best you can.

Guyfang

Staff member
There should be standard sizes. You may need to get one slightly bigger then the present hole, drill the hole to that size, and then insert it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks