• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter # for M817

CMSGT

Is there a conversion kit to make the fuel filter on a 5 ton NHC 250 a spin on? I have searched sseveral times and found the oil filter conversion and references to a fuel filter conversion but no part number or additional information. If its an easy find, and something I should have found in a search I apologize!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a conversion kit to make the fuel filter on a 5 ton NHC 250 a spin on? I have searched sseveral times and found the oil filter conversion and references to a fuel filter conversion but no part number or additional information. If its an easy find, and something I should have found in a search I apologize!
Call Dave at Eastern. He did a spin-on Fram fuel filter conversion for me. Don't know the part nos. off hand and my truck is at the storage yard currently.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i found my filters on EPAY for $10 each, so i bought 6, better then 42 at napa

jwaller

there is no spin on that I know of that is comparable to the stock unit. the stock filter is way bigger and changes can be made in the same time as a spin on. I would not change it.

I saw daves spin on setup and it is tiny compared to stock.

mckeeranger

I converted our M817 to a spin-on about 10 years ago, after searching for more than a week for a cartridge.

I use the Baldwin BF-1259. They are around $18, including tax. I think the adapter was around $20. I'm sorry I don't have the part number, like I said, it was 10 years ago.

jwaller is right, they are tiny compared to the original. The flow volume is supposed to be the same, but the surface area of the filter is about 1/3. That means flow will be restricted with only 1/3 the contamination. The cartridge should last roughly 3 times as long, so in the end it might be cheaper.

We keep fresh fuel, and I cleaned out the tank myself, so it hasn't been a problem for us.

Cam Morehead

I hope I don't get bashed here......

I have an 818 and am constantly having to drain off trash at the separator. Is this where the fuel filter is? Inside the cylinder under the driver fender? How do you remove the lower cylinder to access the cartridge? How do you prime the system or do you fill it with diesel before re-installing? Thanks, Cam

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
at the top is a bolt , this will drop the can, when you put it back together, make sure the little flat peice is setting ALL the way down in the top or it will not seal and suck air

fill it, then tun the the motor over till it compleats priming

Last edited:

cundupa

I hope I don't get bashed here......

I have an 818 and am constantly having to drain off trash at the separator. Is this where the fuel filter is? Inside the cylinder under the driver fender? How do you remove the lower cylinder to access the cartridge? How do you prime the system or do you fill it with diesel before re-installing? Thanks, Cam
I think I got away with asking a question that was asked before. I did a search on the filter thing but nothing came up, then I put the part # in google and one of the results was from SS! Put the filter in the housing and fill with fuel as full as you can, then crank!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
when i do the filter on the 819, i fill, then start the motor, thers enough fuel in the system to start, as it is running ,it will start to miss as the air gets to it, most of the time, i can keep it running till the air is worked out, if not a quick restart wours

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
on the dash ,right by thr lower , left panel insert screw

Last edited:

Rene M

Holy cow, a guy on ebay is offering me a whole filter kit with all the NHC250 filters for $62
bucks?
Its a Blaldwin kit and i can get that local so i ordered it just to get the part #s. I will post them up later once i have them.