• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel getting in crankcase

stellaruthie

Hello all,just bought a m52a2 multifuel 465 tractor,from gsa,it was used as a grass fire rig.When I picked it up they said it ran but leaked lots of fuel in the crankcase.So I pulled the head off the ip pump to replace the 2 seals in there and they look real good.also looks like the fdc has been bypassed already.Im wondering if there is something else that could be letting this fuel in the oil,thanks alot for your help.Jeff:?:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boost pump, on the side of the IP.(could leak into the oil)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess, I would pull it off and pressurise it and see if it leaks. I think the output side should provide 60psi of fuel pressure(iirc).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Is this the truck you wanted the ip head for? Not a whole lot to those pumps, basicly just 2 gears that mesh to boost pressure. If you think it would help, I can take some pics of an IP that has the booster pump removed. lmk

stellaruthie

no the head is for my 109,this is a m52a2 that I havent tried starting yet,because shes getting fuel in the crankcase,thought it would have bad looking o rings under the ip head but they look good?Guess I will just put new ones in and see how it works ,thanks for the help,and maybee if you can Chris send me that pic,thanks Jeff:-D

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it still have a flame heater in the intake? That can do it too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks