• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Transfer Pumps

91W350

I may be in the wrong part of the forum. Here is the problem, I have about 30 trucks with fuel in them and am looking for a faster and cleaner way to recover the fuel without siphoning or pulling the plug. I would like to pump it up to a tote in the bed of my M1008 or one of my deuces. From there I would like to haul it to the shed and transfer to another tote. A filter/water separator would be a nice option. I think most of this os old JP-8 fuel. Any brainiacs already tackle this one? Thanks, Glen

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
just get a 12v truck tank transfer pump, instead of the pipe that comes with the kit, use a hose with the correct threads as the pick up

eagle4g63

I used a cheap Horrible Freight 12volt pump for quite a while. It is pretty slow when used for oil but for thinner things like fuel it pumps pretty quick.

It was like 20-30 bucks and I did spend the extra $5 for 2 year replacement(and took it back twice already) don't run them for more than 45 min to an hour with oil transfer:doh: burn it right up!!!

91W350

Pretty quick, would that be faster than 10 gallons a minute? 100 gallons an hour? I think I have around 1200 gallons to move...maybe more.

eagle4g63

The pump claims max 300 gph and 50 psi max. I know it is also self priming and I believe it said lift of 20-25 feet. I do know that I was able to pump just over 125 gallons of straight oil with it in the hour I ran it straight(then it burned up) so i quit running it that long at a time with oil. Now with a filter in line it will slow down...obviously. I usually only run it long enough to transfer a 55 gal barrel of oil at a time.

91W350

Wow 30 trucks? That is one heck of a motorpool:shock:
I have been able to siphon off fuel and move it fast enough to keep up, but we were only picking up two or three trucks at a time. This time we have about 40 total five tons coming in. Seems like they are either empty or close to full. I could do the filtering on a gravity flow to the storage, once I get the fuel out of the tanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks