• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Transfer Pumps

91W350

I may be in the wrong part of the forum. Here is the problem, I have about 30 trucks with fuel in them and am looking for a faster and cleaner way to recover the fuel without siphoning or pulling the plug. I would like to pump it up to a tote in the bed of my M1008 or one of my deuces. From there I would like to haul it to the shed and transfer to another tote. A filter/water separator would be a nice option. I think most of this os old JP-8 fuel. Any brainiacs already tackle this one? Thanks, Glen

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
just get a 12v truck tank transfer pump, instead of the pipe that comes with the kit, use a hose with the correct threads as the pick up

eagle4g63

I used a cheap Horrible Freight 12volt pump for quite a while. It is pretty slow when used for oil but for thinner things like fuel it pumps pretty quick.

It was like 20-30 bucks and I did spend the extra $5 for 2 year replacement(and took it back twice already) don't run them for more than 45 min to an hour with oil transfer:doh: burn it right up!!!

91W350

Pretty quick, would that be faster than 10 gallons a minute? 100 gallons an hour? I think I have around 1200 gallons to move...maybe more.

eagle4g63

The pump claims max 300 gph and 50 psi max. I know it is also self priming and I believe it said lift of 20-25 feet. I do know that I was able to pump just over 125 gallons of straight oil with it in the hour I ran it straight(then it burned up) so i quit running it that long at a time with oil. Now with a filter in line it will slow down...obviously. I usually only run it long enough to transfer a 55 gal barrel of oil at a time.

91W350

Wow 30 trucks? That is one heck of a motorpool:shock:
I have been able to siphon off fuel and move it fast enough to keep up, but we were only picking up two or three trucks at a time. This time we have about 40 total five tons coming in. Seems like they are either empty or close to full. I could do the filtering on a gravity flow to the storage, once I get the fuel out of the tanks.