• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fugly M1009 gets a new home

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, I've found that hazard and headlight problems often come form 1156 light bulbs in place of 1157s. Check if someone installed the single filament turn signal bulbs.

Gunfreak25

I forgot to update!

-Turn signals fixed. Twas indeed the front signal bulb sockets. The inner leaf grounding springs were MIA. $6 each at Oreilly. :D

-Inner & outer fender on! The old had to be beat and pried to death to remove. Both fit like a glove, good job GM. Lower cab corner was crimped and folded over so it was cut off, a little hammer work then squared up, clamped and welded back on. Easy and clean.

-Heater core, leaks intermittently since I hooked it up Thursday. Hot though. :D I picked up a new core last night for $22 (courtesy of my $5 O-Rewards card hey hey hey baby) I just need time to replace.

Next up is new front shackles, bolts and bushings. The right inner fender is cracked and sagging badly from the weight of 2 batteries. Seeing as how the inner fender must be removed to access the last firewall bolt for the heater box, it's a win win. The fender will be straightened, welded and re-re-reinforced and braced so it never happens again.

RockAuto recieved my laundry list last night upon which I am now awaiting the arrival of

-New front U joints
-Brake pads
-Calipers seals
-Brake hoses
-Wheel bearings & races
-Hub seals

Attachments

Gunfreak25

Okay so more parts are here, I scored a new take off hub on ebay for $55 shipped and its still freshly greased too. Gotta pickup a proper spindle nut socket today and figure out what brand of locking hubs I wanna buy, thinking stainless MileMarker supremes. But if someone has just a single Warn CUCV take off hub, that would save me some dough. :D

Attachments