• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuse block is loose

84cucv1ton

yes the white plug. i cut it and soldered on connectors. maybe i should have just bought 2 of them.tried to get as much done today as i could

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fusebox screws have been mailed. Should be there by the weekend.

84cucv1ton

Or a non-isolated ground relay? In the stock system, there must be *NO* conductivity between the GP relay mounting tabs and any of the terminals, otherwise bad things can happen.

could you go into this a bit more? my relay that i put the pic up of is screwed right down to the metal

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is telling you that you need to check to see if the mounting base is isolated from the terminals. If the two small terminals use the base as a ground, then the relay will be energized with the key on because the pink wire is hot whenever the key is on.

The proper relay does not use the mounting base for its ground.

84cucv1ton

Small update. I got things going better on the truck. Grounds cleaned, connectors cleaned packed with dielectric grease. Part of my problem was my one battery was toast. Brand-new from the factory. Had a bad cell. Going over interstate in the morning get another one. Tonight's project is putting in a manual glow plugs switch. If I remember correctly. I put it on the top middle post of the relay. Where the blue wire goes. Correct? thanks for the help Guys

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, a pushbutton to ground.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, looking at your relay picture, it is the post with the small light blue wire

84cucv1ton

passenger tails like stay bright. whole time.. no turn signal or brake light. truck didnt have a bed. had a 1031 body.. been trying to maker it work with the wiring i found.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check for voltage at the sockets and also check the metal ground tab inside the socket. They are known to break off.

I assume the fuse box screws made it and fit.

84cucv1ton

The rear harness for the trailer wiring in the taillights. Anyone have one for sale? Thought I had the wires right. Everything was working. I soldered it in. Next morning it's not working. Of course

lefty

I had found another post on here that said if your fuse block isn't bolted down tight, you will have no tail lights at all (brakes, signals or anything) I'm guessing it's grounded from being bolted down?

84cucv1ton

didnt bolt it down yet. the fuse block is apart.. still trying to get the pass. tail light to work.. i had it working.. now it just stays really bright

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks