• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G506 in Brazil - Just got my resto-project!

Skull Crusher

Hi there!

I'm from Brazil and just got a G506 to start a restoration project and I'd like to get some info about if you don't mind helping.

It has a 001 number stamped on the passenger side frame rail, just between the front tire and bumper. The truck came with no hood numbers, no data plates ou any other original data plate on it, just those 001 in the frame.

The engine is a runner and it runs very strongly, tranny and transfercase are working fine as well.

Engine block number above the fuel pump says 839931. I'll take the starter out just to check which number is behind it and come to post here too.

Here are some pics of the truck, I hope you enjoy and I would be very happy if someone could come with some info too.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the truck!

Renan

Attachments

Last edited:

Skull Crusher

Oh, thanks pal!

I already have been there trying to get any info by doing my searches but no avail...just some traces of some G506 being frame stamped and some not...the same with CCKW trucks too.

I hope someone can come with a light in the very end of the tunnel!

Again, thanks anyway for trying to help, that's why I really enjoy beein among who likes MV preservation like you and the others over here!

Do you mind sending me some pics of you G506?

Thanks!

Renan

Skull Crusher

Thanks Pal! I"ve just started my list of "what is missing on the truck" and now i´t's time for some search in the junkyards overhere (I know two military graveyards about 60 miles driving from where I am now).

About being hard....hummm well...it's hard man, darn hard and the worse: they ask an astronomous price for all stuff you want to buy from them!

Anyway, me as you and all folks around here like these green stuff and we do whatt is possible to preserve and to make them keep rollin' on and on!

Welcome to my tread, post here whenever you wish!

Thanks for coming & see you 'round!

Skull Crusher

Hi, I am coming to Brazil this, um, Winter. I am heading to Araxa in Minas. If it is small, I can bring it.
Right Dude!

Thanks for offering some hand! I hope till the time you come here I can save some money to buy some small stuff you can bring (if not bothering you of course).

By the way, if you can and have enough time come to meet ( I live about 250 miles south off Araxá - MG) and have some talk about old military stuff!

Thanks a lot pal!

Skull Crusher

This is the link to the truck video when it was being tested before coming over here my home: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMyBgVlNLFs[/media]

PS: I'm neither of these two guys inside the cabin and the one whos is filming...this was shot before I bought the truck, but it still runs strongly!

Last edited:

badga the badger

cool truck. welcome to the site and hope it helps. im curious of the 001 number. first thing that came to my mind is it could be the first on produced and its the serial number. be sure to keep all of us posted on how the project goes.

n1bnc

Yes, please PM me with the small stuff. As you may know, the airlines allow only so much. 32kg each bag. However I can also ship via boat at $250 per 27" tv box. I visit about once per year to visit with the in-laws and friends about 2 weeks at a time. This trip is already full in terms of itinerary, but we can work out something! I have a brother in law in Uberaba who is a car fellow as well.

Skull Crusher

cool truck. welcome to the site and hope it helps. im curious of the 001 number. first thing that came to my mind is it could be the first on produced and its the serial number. be sure to keep all of us posted on how the project goes.
Thanks for the compliments!

I'm curious too about the frame number stamped. As far as I know and could get to, no one knows why some frames were stamped and some were not.

This happens also with the CCKW?

One detail about my truck's dash is that it seems it was converted in factory to receive some different knobs. I have a picture here to show what I'm trying to explain:

Attachments

Skull Crusher

Yes, please PM me with the small stuff. As you may know, the airlines allow only so much. 32kg each bag. However I can also ship via boat at $250 per 27" tv box. I visit about once per year to visit with the in-laws and friends about 2 weeks at a time. This trip is already full in terms of itinerary, but we can work out something! I have a brother in law in Uberaba who is a car fellow as well.
Very kind of you, thanks a lot!

I'll save some cash in order to buy the small items and I PM you as you request, ok?

By the way, not to disturb nor to change your visit here, but I would be glad to have you here at home for a cup of coffe, may be a barbecue and some talk, so try to get some short time and come pal!

Skull Crusher

Thats a good looking truck, Keep us up to date the the build.
Harold.
Thanks man!

I'll try keep posting some news as soon as they come by...I'm trying to find some tires for it. Here we don't have 7.50x20s at hand but we can come with 9.00x20s chevron type and I'll see if I can get my hands on them!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks