• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G506 in Brazil - Just got my resto-project!

Skull Crusher

Brazil's weather has done a great job keeping this one alive! Chorrasco and Skol? Sim!!
Yep Dude!

Churrasco & Skoll!

I'm trying to get a pair of RWs 5 ton here in order to start my F-100 build up!

Cross your fingers for this come out nice & easy and we'll have this buid up on Pirate 4x4 too!

The G506 is fine, thanks, I did not have enough time to come there to take the starter off and check the engine block numbers.

I went to a junkyad this Saturday to check the 5 ton axles and got some CCKW pics, I hope you all enjoy them:

Attachments

n1bnc

That is quite the collection there. What is the history of this batch? They are wonderfully preserved compared to our rustbelt troubles... Where are these?

Skull Crusher

n1bnc

They are here near my home, SP! When you come by the winter time, try to show up here at home and can take you there!

I think all off them con run if we given them some carb clean up and press the pedal!

About their history, I don't really know, I must spend more time with my friend over there for him to talk but I'll try to come with more info!

Skull Crusher

Well...

After many months of limbo overhere, I've got some news!

The pics can speak for themselves...on the first batch are the new tires I will use.

Attachments

Skull Crusher

Specs:

• tires are 10.00x20
  • engine is a GM6 - 292
  • transmission is a Clark 240F
Not intending to be a restoration...just a truck I can have fun with.

I hope you all not getting mad with my building ideas...:p

See you'round!

Skull Crusher

Thanks for the compliments!

So, these are some 10.00x20 retreaded rubbers with a nasty one tread...down here these retreading companies are booming everywhre cause new agressive truck tires are impossible to locate and to import some they will ask you an arm & leg for aua

Skull Crusher

those are some aggressive tires! just curious, do they cut the tread by hand?

very nice project by the way. cant wait to see some more updates!

They are hand cut and hand laid over the overall tire surface prior vulcanizing and despite the fragile looking all those rubber blocks have an awesome resistance.

I think they are not the prettiest tires around but they do work.

There are some videos of G506 overehere, making use of the very same tires I have. The owner has swapped in a 2.8L turbodiesel. I personally dislike this engine since it's a bit small for my taste for this truck.I prefer to stay all Chevy from bottom to top!

I hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Skull Crusher

So...it grew up a bit!

Well folks

There have been a lot of time since I came over here to post up....so I came with some news...

May be you like, may you don't...but I'll post them anyway...

I was trying to get some bigger tires to my truck and by the beginning of this year I got them mounted...they are some 10.00x20 cacasses reatreaded by a friend of mine...I know the wheels are not correct for the period, but I do not have the original ones and also the 10.00x20 fit a lot better on those large rims I'm running.

I hope you enjoy the truck and how it looks!

Attachments

jw4x4

Skull- that truck looks great with those tires and wheels. I sure love the rounded body lines of that old iron. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics.

Skull Crusher

nice truck!!! i love single axle duallies!
View attachment 351187

View attachment 351188

View attachment 351189

View attachment 351190I am just starting a "restoration" on a G506 I found in Northern maine. This things going to need a lot of attention. I thought you might like to see what i've got up here.
Skull- that truck looks great with those tires and wheels. I sure love the rounded body lines of that old iron. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics.
Thanks all of you for enjoying & posting overhere!

By the way, I've got a '67 Willys Wagon and I'm getting her in a wheeling condition and that is consuming my free time but as soon as possible I'm going to swap the old 235 in favor of my 292+T18 combo!

Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks