• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G'Day from a former Aussie Grunt

fesm_ndt

G'Day

I been lurking around for yonks but had to chip in on a thread about Acmat's that started last night.

Tinkered with vehicles most my life then moved overseas in '96 and didn't have much of a chance and in '08 thought time to get spanner swinging again.

fesm_ndt

[h=1]Successful Translation[/h]
Please find your translated text below:

• G'day, I been lurking around for yonks but had to chip in on a thread about Acmat's that started last night.

Tinkered with vehicles most my life then moved overseas in '96 and didn't have much of a chance and in '08 thought time to get spanner swinging again (English - Australian)
  • Hello, I been lurking around for a long time but had to post a comment in on a thread about Acmat's that started last night.

Worked on vehicles most my life then moved overseas in 96 and didn't have much of a chance and in '08 I thought it was time to start rebuilding vehicles again (English - USA)

:-D

iatractor

Talk about speaking the same language and not knowing what is being said. Many years ago I dated a Hungarian gal. I did not speak English, it was American. In her language they had three different terms for English- Angoul for British English, Amerikei for American English (which included Canadians) , and something I don't remember how to pronounce or spell for Australian/New Zealand English.

Back to the ACMAT, were there any shipped to Australia or New Zealand that served in the military? I kind of gave up the hope that there any in North America.

fesm_ndt

Talk about speaking the same language and not knowing what is being said. Many years ago I dated a Hungarian gal. I did not speak English, it was American. In her language they had three different terms for English- Angoul for British English, Amerikei for American English (which included Canadians) , and something I don't remember how to pronounce or spell for Australian/New Zealand English.

Back to the ACMAT, were there any shipped to Australia or New Zealand that served in the military? I kind of gave up the hope that there any in North America.
I was thinking no language barrier as Steve Irwin, crocodile guy was famous in the US with his crikey mate, displays..... I believe the SAS trialed them in Aussie but not sure if they bought them like their UK brothers did (I only know of 2 photos of these).

The Home of the Brave movie has an Acmat in it, so I assumed there must be one in the US. Chile also had them and they been selling them off

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks