• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G'Day from a former Aussie Grunt

fesm_ndt

G'Day

I been lurking around for yonks but had to chip in on a thread about Acmat's that started last night.

Tinkered with vehicles most my life then moved overseas in '96 and didn't have much of a chance and in '08 thought time to get spanner swinging again.

fesm_ndt

[h=1]Successful Translation[/h]
Please find your translated text below:

• G'day, I been lurking around for yonks but had to chip in on a thread about Acmat's that started last night.

Tinkered with vehicles most my life then moved overseas in '96 and didn't have much of a chance and in '08 thought time to get spanner swinging again (English - Australian)
  • Hello, I been lurking around for a long time but had to post a comment in on a thread about Acmat's that started last night.

Worked on vehicles most my life then moved overseas in 96 and didn't have much of a chance and in '08 I thought it was time to start rebuilding vehicles again (English - USA)

:-D

iatractor

Talk about speaking the same language and not knowing what is being said. Many years ago I dated a Hungarian gal. I did not speak English, it was American. In her language they had three different terms for English- Angoul for British English, Amerikei for American English (which included Canadians) , and something I don't remember how to pronounce or spell for Australian/New Zealand English.

Back to the ACMAT, were there any shipped to Australia or New Zealand that served in the military? I kind of gave up the hope that there any in North America.

fesm_ndt

Talk about speaking the same language and not knowing what is being said. Many years ago I dated a Hungarian gal. I did not speak English, it was American. In her language they had three different terms for English- Angoul for British English, Amerikei for American English (which included Canadians) , and something I don't remember how to pronounce or spell for Australian/New Zealand English.

Back to the ACMAT, were there any shipped to Australia or New Zealand that served in the military? I kind of gave up the hope that there any in North America.
I was thinking no language barrier as Steve Irwin, crocodile guy was famous in the US with his crikey mate, displays..... I believe the SAS trialed them in Aussie but not sure if they bought them like their UK brothers did (I only know of 2 photos of these).

The Home of the Brave movie has an Acmat in it, so I assumed there must be one in the US. Chile also had them and they been selling them off