• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Engine Products LLC

acmunro

Is it a safe bet if a GM style (6.2/6.5) v-8 diesel has a General Engine Products LLC sticker on the valve cover that it would be a 6.5 ?
Did GEP ever produce the 6.2 ? The engine is not here yet. Just wondering what I got. Thank You

Chief_919

Is it a safe bet if a GM style (6.2/6.5) v-8 diesel has a General Engine Products LLC sticker on the valve cover that it would be a 6.5 ?
Did GEP ever produce the 6.2 ? The engine is not here yet. Just wondering what I got. Thank You

GEP has only made 6.5's, but you never know if somebody just swapped valve covers, especially at a rebuild facility where they all might get tossed in a pile then pulled off.

The factory GEP RTV on the valve covers is some sort of super strong miracle adhesive, I bent my valve covers trying to get them free. But I have a GEP 6.5 in my 94 Chevy pickup now with the standard civilian turbo and IP and it runs like a top.

What are the casting numbers on the block under the intake? That is the dead giveaway if it is a real GEP is that the blocks they use are all cast by Navistar (except maybe a few very early ones) and they have the Navistar/International Diamond logo cast in the top of the block there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks