• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Engine Products LLC

acmunro

Is it a safe bet if a GM style (6.2/6.5) v-8 diesel has a General Engine Products LLC sticker on the valve cover that it would be a 6.5 ?
Did GEP ever produce the 6.2 ? The engine is not here yet. Just wondering what I got. Thank You

Chief_919

Is it a safe bet if a GM style (6.2/6.5) v-8 diesel has a General Engine Products LLC sticker on the valve cover that it would be a 6.5 ?
Did GEP ever produce the 6.2 ? The engine is not here yet. Just wondering what I got. Thank You

GEP has only made 6.5's, but you never know if somebody just swapped valve covers, especially at a rebuild facility where they all might get tossed in a pile then pulled off.

The factory GEP RTV on the valve covers is some sort of super strong miracle adhesive, I bent my valve covers trying to get them free. But I have a GEP 6.5 in my 94 Chevy pickup now with the standard civilian turbo and IP and it runs like a top.

What are the casting numbers on the block under the intake? That is the dead giveaway if it is a real GEP is that the blocks they use are all cast by Navistar (except maybe a few very early ones) and they have the Navistar/International Diamond logo cast in the top of the block there.