Generator AUX fuel connections

mlaxton

The cheapest thing is probably going to be regular 3/8” or 5/16” fuel line. I use the regular 3/8” myself for testing purposes. Bought the AN to 3/8 barb adapter from Discounthydraulichose.com. Not too costly. I have the aux hoses too. Just keep them neat and tidy in the machines. If I needed that fitting fast, I would buy a -5 to #6 hose fitting and cut the outer crimp sleeve off. Force the regular hose on and use a hose clamp.
Where can I find -5 an hose ends? I have tried summit, jegs, Russell’s, vibrant lol

mlaxton

The cheapest thing is probably going to be regular 3/8” or 5/16” fuel line. I use the regular 3/8” myself for testing purposes. Bought the AN to 3/8 barb adapter from Discounthydraulichose.com. Not too costly. I have the aux hoses too. Just keep them neat and tidy in the machines. If I needed that fitting fast, I would buy a -5 to #6 hose fitting and cut the outer crimp sleeve off. Force the regular hose on and use a hose clamp.
Where can I get -5 an lines for stainless braided I have tried everywhere I can think of. I have the AUX fuel line but I’d rather leave it alone. It is to long for my needs.

Guyfang

m32825

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wrangling the disconnected ends of my fuel hose was always a minor irritant for me. I like a nice, neatly coiled hose with the ends capped. I had these cheesy plastic caps that would go missing when I moved things around. It occurred to me that I could use a bulkhead coupler to cap the hose ends and fasten them together.

-- Carl

5/16" JIC bulkhead

IMG_20200822_095149240_copy_1024x672.jpg

WildernessJeep

I didn't see this answer in the thread, so I'll ask the question. Does the Auxiliary Tank need to be pressurized or located above the generator, or does the generator suck the fuel up? Is it strong enough to suck it up into the bed of a 5-ton from the ground, or would I need a transfer pump?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks