• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator question

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, but I have a 400 amp bracket, long bolt, and rear support for that 400.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those 400's take a bracket that looks identical to a 200amp...I have a bracket as well I would sell, as it won't fit anything I will ever install. That thing is effin huge...and takes up all the room on the left side of the engine....good luck changing a fuel filter. We have them in the HMMWV's at the base...they are so heavy they have a lifting ring on them to install via overhead hoist.
i would also caution using one unless you have items that will need that kinda of output....years back I know trucks had issues frying stuff in the truck with 200's that were just basic trucks....overcharging was another issue.

TedG

I have modified a 100 amp generator to fit the 400 amp bracket. So far no problems... Drill out the holes for the 400 amp bolt and add a spacer between rear lobe and bracket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks