• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator question

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, but I have a 400 amp bracket, long bolt, and rear support for that 400.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those 400's take a bracket that looks identical to a 200amp...I have a bracket as well I would sell, as it won't fit anything I will ever install. That thing is effin huge...and takes up all the room on the left side of the engine....good luck changing a fuel filter. We have them in the HMMWV's at the base...they are so heavy they have a lifting ring on them to install via overhead hoist.
i would also caution using one unless you have items that will need that kinda of output....years back I know trucks had issues frying stuff in the truck with 200's that were just basic trucks....overcharging was another issue.

TedG

I have modified a 100 amp generator to fit the 400 amp bracket. So far no problems... Drill out the holes for the 400 amp bolt and add a spacer between rear lobe and bracket.