• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Geneva FL: July 4th Parade 9AM on Thursday 7/4

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Geneva FL July 4th Parade takes place on Jul 4th. This may sound redundant, but many municipalities hold parades before/after the calendar day.
Lineup Location: Geneva Elementary School Parking Lot, 275 First Street Geneva 32732
Lineup Time: 9AM
We are registered as “Steel Soldiers”. There is no lineup number – just show up at the Elementary School.

More details:
Festivities begin at 9 a.m. with a classic car show at the Elementary School. The official start of the parade is at 10:00 a.m., when antique aircraft roar over the crowd (weather permitting).

Following the parade, we'll convoy over to Rayzer's place in Sanford for a BBQ cookout. Details TBD.

Please RSVP on this thread or via PM. I’d love to have the same turnout as I did at the Sanford Parade. Hope y’all can make it!!

Thanks! :-D

Last edited:

RAYZER

I have participated in this parade the past two years and the spectator turnout is huge!
I'll be there this year with a new noise maker on the truck!uploadfromtaptalk1370451862171.jpg

Lindsaym151

Unfortunatly , I will not be able to make this event!I have prior commitment for that day.You all go and have fun! I'll be thinking of you all (well not oddball so much!) that just hurts after a couple minutes!

Dodge man

Bump. We have room for plenty more vehicles!!
Mark,

How many do you have signed up so far? I'm inviting a couple of friends. One has M725 and M38 and the other has a NICE 1945 GPW with trailer. He also has a GORGEOUS, all original 1948 Cadillac convertible so he may drive it instead. I'll probably have the A1 up and running by then but I'm leery of taking it in a parade without some more trial runs. I also NEED to repaint it. It's painted a funky almost lime green right now.

PS wife will try to be back by then.

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Five people have committed to the parade. Please feel free to bring your friends!! The more the merrier! :) I hope you can bring the A1 even if it's a work in progress.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you're able to make it Lindsay!! :-D Not sure what we need people to bring yet. We'll keep you posted.

RAYZER

Cookout is on!

I now have 10 lbs of cleaned frozen fish that we can fry up! (reacently caught off of our east coast).
I do have a big turkey fryer but no experience in the art of fish frying, Any volunteers?
I will also supply hamburgers and hot dogs with condiments, plates utensils and plastic cups.

What to bring?

If everyone would bring a side dish or desert, we should have plenty of food, also bring whatever you would like to drink.

My lz is not far from the parade location (10 min ), if there's a need for anyone to drop off provisions before the parade, I will have someone there early.
I will have a couple of large coolers with ice set up as well.

Fyi

There are two convenience stores (with diesel) within 1 mile of the cookout location, and a super Walmart within 5 miles.

I look foward to having y'all as my guests!