• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia MVPA Show 2011

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Georgia MVPA show, meet, etc. is officially scheduled for 30 September and 01 October at Kennesaw, Georgia, Just across the street from the museum with the General.

{Mods, if I missed this years event already being posted please delete this duplication}

missleman

hope to be there this time with my m-35 & 105 behind it. before it was my suburban with a load of stuff to sell & trade. we'll still have stuff to deal on. can't wait:D

Jimma

I am going to have to miss this one. Its my Grandmas' 100th birthday. Those dont come around real often so I really need to be there. I will miss you guys.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Are the same SS members planning on being at this event this year?
I plan to be there again, sorta a 1 dayer before the 11SSGAR, last year, I think there was more SSers then the GAMVPAers, I know that once thay knew you were SS, the welcome check in lady just pointed to the rear and said "thay are back there"

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
73m819, Several people noticed the actions directed to the heavies. But....to the credit to the GAMVPA guys, they have seen the error of their ways and are making it a welcome to all event this year and none of this "move to the rear please"

Over half of that organization are SS people, they are slowly learning this, we need to keep pushing that the HMV hobby is everything and not just jeeps. We like jeeps also, they are "cute".......

Long live BIG IRON.

And yes...."I still play with trucks."

123mack

Anyone there last year remember the vendor who had all the cheap tools? I was told he was from Athens,GA. Maybe someone can invite him to the SS GA rally. BTW, when I say cheap, they were good used American tools,not Chinese junk.

Jimma

I remember him but cannot remember his name. I will look to see if I can find his card. He was there with his daughter and they had a large enclosed trialer full of tools and many decent deals.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Looks like I'll be back from Gilbert by then. Guess I'll have to pack my Ambien and ear plugs and ear muffs. I hope to be there.

For those that haven't been there before, the site is RIGHT NEXT TO A VERY, VERY, VERY ACTIVE RAILROAD TRACK! Be prepared especially if you are staying overnight.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Anyone there last year remember the vendor who had all the cheap tools? I was told he was from Athens,GA. Maybe someone can invite him to the SS GA rally. BTW, when I say cheap, they were good used American tools,not Chinese junk.
Yes, they were pretty good. He had bought a common number 1 tool set from GL and was parting it out.

Capt.Marion

Here is the exact location of the rally:
MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

As CARNAC said, CSX has a grade-level crossing immediately adjacent to the rally area, so if you don't like the idea of notched-up GEVOs pounding through every 15-20 minutes with their horns wide open, consider yourself warned.

If you come, it might be smart to coordinate to have someone with a civvy vehicle for grocery runs and the like since there is not much cheap food etc as Heavysteven pointed out.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think this year we are only coming on Saturday. That might change but I am 90% sure we will only come one day. If we come, we're just gonna' throw the Mule in the back of our trusty D250 Dodge.

jward1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
parts to sell

Is there a charge for selling anything? driving 250 miles, gas at 4 bucks, no fee would be priceless. anybody know...thanks

Jimma

I dont believe they charged anything to sell items. It was a good weekend, lots of fun, cool stuff for sale, good fellowship etc. Do bring ear plugs or sleep aids if you are sensitive to the sounds of a train passing within a 100 feet of your rig 10-20 times a night! I delt with it and felt it added to the atmoshere of the rally, but some people struggled with the rumble, horns and noise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks