• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gettin the pinion parking brake!

Monster Man

well, I have a leak on the front of the t-case. I suppose a bit of oil, even one drop could screw it all up, but the drum has always been very dry when I check it. It might need to be honed, as there is pitting and discoloration on it. I'm planning on new e-brake shoes, and when I do that maybe I can clean the drum up a bit, and of course grease the fittings and readjust the cable.

It will almost slow the truck down from full speed when you pull it (gotta make sure I can try that even in a panic, right?) but man oh man, you wanna get away from there quick cause it HEATS UP and SMELLS! That's probably what ruined it, but it was like that when I got it, who knows :nono:

wdbtchr

I've got new parking brake shoes and adjusted per the manual, but my parking brake won't hold my 5 ton on any kind of grade even empty. I've never tried to stop the truck with the parking brake, but I have pulled out without releasing it and if the handle hadn't been poling me in the butt I would never have known it was on.:roll:

jwaller

I've got new parking brake shoes and adjusted per the manual, but my parking brake won't hold my 5 ton on any kind of grade even empty. I've never tried to stop the truck with the parking brake, but I have pulled out without releasing it and if the handle hadn't been poling me in the butt I would never have known it was on.:roll:
it should. my 23k lb 818 it holds very well even on a good grade.

wdbtchr

I'm not sure why it doesn't work right. When I put the new shoes on I took everything off and cleaned it up and even put on new springs even though the old one seemed OK. I thought the drum itself might be worn down, but shouldn't the readjustment compensate for that? I don't know how thick the drum is new, but there is no indication, grouves or ridges to indicate excessive wear on mine.:?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks