• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

getting a title but my nuame is not on the SF97

Hooty481

I have got a lawyer that is working on it for me but i dont know anything yet.

If I was GL I would be able to help assist people in this situation. I really think they could do more if they wanted to. If they has sold this truck 2 or 3 years ago I would understand but GL just sold the truck back in october of 2010. They have all the records. I would put pressure on people that caused problems like this that was buying from me.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't blame GL for you buying a truck without proper paperwork , it is your responsibility to makesure the truck has proper paperwork . Gl sold the truck to party A and provided them proper paperwork , they have done there job . Not trying to sound rude or mean , but you blew this deal buy buying it without a title and now you want GL to fix your mistake , it's not going to happen . You tried to save some money buying without a title , now you have learn why there a hundred threads on here that all state don't buy a truck without clean title in hand . Now your adding legal fees and still no guarantee you will receive a title . good luck.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line is that GL doesn't care. They've already got their money from the sale. I can't really blame them for not wanting to give you the buyers contact info. I wouldn't want somebody calling GL and getting my info.

Your best bet is to try your best to contact the person's name that's on the sf-97.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As others have said, it's a learning experience. You made bad judgement in the purchase of this. What did you pay? Every deuce is worth $1500 if it rolls. Axles are the easy part of the same and there is still 9000# of scrap of nothing else sells. Heck, if it's really a 49 and has the rear PTO, that is worth some change itself.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hooty, I doubt your lawyer is gonna cause anything to happen.

I suggest you either part the thing out or take the advise and get a private "for hire" title service to fix your mess.

Probably cost less than more attorney fees.

Rick

Hooty481

who said I was trying to save money. I did not know that this truck didn't have a title. The SF97 form was "Certificate to Obtain a Title" I did not know this was not the title.

If we go to court then more than likely the people that sold it to me will have to contact who ever they got it from to get the title. They will have to pay for the court cost and lawyer fees.

sterlun

Here in GA, we don't need titles to register anything older than 1985 I think it is. Just a Bill of Sale. I just wonder if a GA resident registered your ride with the BOS and then signed it over to you how KY would deal with it.

Might not be enough paperwork though. I did my 76 Chevy that way and I think all I have is the registration. I was just thinking out loud. Sorry.:-?

kc5mzd

Sounds like GL has gone out of their way to help. I would thank them a lot when I speek to them about the truck. You might be able to get a court order for GL to give you the owner's name and contact info. I don't know if they would mind. It might be justification for them to give you confidential info on their customer. I agree they shouldn't give out peoples info without their permission.

I would probably try a diffrent route to get the title like people are sugesting. It will probably b less expensive and faster i the long run.

One of te reasons they won't give you the title is because the previous owner might owe sales tax from when he bought it depending on how GL treated it when they sold it.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could "sell" it to someone in GA who then can register the vehicle. Once registered it can be sold back to you with a bill of sale and a GA registration. That should be all you need to title the truck besides a VIN verification in your state.

Darwin T

i was told by someone i trust, that in texas there is a bonded title (i think this is what it is called). an insurance company issues you an insurance policy for 2 years and you take that down to get your title. if anyone comes up and claims the truck they get the insurance money only. which is great if you plan to keep the truck two years. he said he has done this before. talk to yoou insurance company.

from what i understand the sf97 allows you to get a title in your own state, it is not a title. your name or the previous private owner will not show up on an sf97. just the govt and gl will be on an sf97. you will need the notorized doc from gl as well with your name on it to reg or a state title with the private owner on it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SF97 is usually issued to GL, who re-assigns it to the person who bough the truck. You could use something like zabasearch.com to try and find the original purchaser, if you have his name (the correct state will help narrow things down considerably).2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks