• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting Ready For Paint

FatBuddhaBoo

Looks great! Thanks for the tips on the prep work. My plan was to pressure wash, degrease, and remove any other chipping/peeling paint on the frame and under carriage, then a light sanding on the cab before hitting it with some metal preservative and primer before the top coat of paint. Never used self etching primer...might have to look into that.

palskidoo

The truck looks GREAT!! especially after the bigger tires were added, the tires take the trucks appearance to a whole 'nother level of AWESOME!!

i'm glad to hear your another perosn who used a Wagner Power Painter and had great success. I plan on painting my truck soon the exact same way and its just nice to see others having good luck with the method.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks you all, I am very pleased with how it came out. The black accents that we are doing really are helping the truck stand out too. Its so nice that the truck isn't ugly anymore and multiple colors. The wagner spray gun made it so easy and quick and I would definately recommend it to others. Here is another picture of when we first bought it.

Attachments

Carlo

I thought I would post some pictures of the before and after of the truck. I put it back on the 9.00's to be able to paint in the fenders. It sort of looks like a low rider with the front tires dished out. I am going to use Behr paint and a Wagner airless spray gun. Its all taped off and I will get to spraying tomorrow.
I would love to know more about about the spray gun you use.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, it was a first paint job on a vehicle so hopefully it holds up. I have painted barns and fences before and this was so much less work! It's taking a while to completely dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks