• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL needs to change !

largeboar

Government liquidations needs to make their auctions easier to complete Euc's need to be a one time application and the auctions need to be better serviced ot we the citizens will hold DOD responsible. Contact your congresspersom or senator to complain about the GL auctions and the EUC backlogs:grd:

wsucougarx

Been there done that, made absolutely no difference. Now, due to futulity I just accept GL as is. I've had pretty good luck with them thus far. I've had a couple EUC's take forever and a day. I just accept that as part of the process. My only recommendation is get over it and move on or just don't buy from GL.

Last edited:

LanceRobson

GL has no say in the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) policy of having an EUC for every auction. Don't expect the DLA to change. Just because a customer bought an item last week for a particular purpose does not mean that the next purchase will be used the same way.

Lance

91W350

I feel your pains, I have been a deuce owner for two months, I would like to try to hear it run before summer. :cool: Maybe this extended wait is a blessing, warmer weather is coming.....

3dAngus

Exactly. It is a government function. GL just acts as a liason for it, and trys to help out by making sure the submittals to govt. are in the right form.

They provide a valuable service, actually.It would take a heck of a lot longer if your paperwork went direct to Battle Creek, then sent back for a typo.

I had to submit my first one to GL three times. They helped me through the muddy waters. All in all, my first one took 45 days. It would have been a heck oe f a lot longer if I had to work all the problems out with govt. then with a govt contractor.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Government liquidations needs to make their auctions easier to complete Euc's need to be a one time application and the auctions need to be better serviced ot we the citizens will hold DOD responsible. Contact your congresspersom or senator to complain about the GL auctions and the EUC backlogs:grd:
Yes, yes - GL needs to change, I hear this site needs to change and my underwear needs to change. Which one of those do you think is gonna happen?

I'm guessing you're uptight because you bought something kewl at a cheap price requiring an EUC. And you're tired of waiting.

GL is cheap because it is a PITA. If it were so easy and hassle free then word would get out and prices would go up. It's the hassle that helps make it cheap.

And, while GL is a middleman in your EUC process and often at fault for slowing them down or screwing them up, it's the DLA that actually does the approving, processing, etc. They'll get you when they get you. Problem with that? Buy private party.

Go to a dude like Hundy or the many others who have already delt with the BS and have title in hand ready to go. You'll pay more because it was easier.

Your milage may vary.

:deadhorse:

Last edited:

KsM715

Your congressman has bigger fish to fry at the moment. You can write all the letters you want and make all the phone calls you can but its still going to get put at the bottom of the list of things he or she has to look into.

Not that I dont agree with you but like said above, this subject has been beatn to death.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rock the boat and DLA just might grind it up and scrap it out. Then what do we have?
We? I'll have a deuce (or two) cuz I waited and got mine. Those coming later after said boat rocking will have NOTHING but over-priced "rare" deuces that got released before the boat rocked.

:beer:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rock the boat and DLA just might grind it up and scrap it out. Then what do we have?

I would have to agree with this statment! We already cant get the humvee because they scrap them out of cource thats the fault of the goverment agreeing with Chevy that they would not sell them off to the goverment, but their contract is up this year! Who knows maybee there will be some humvee's in our near future.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm betting you are a "Type A" personality.

Nothing wrong with that but GL does not care.....they are making a bloody fortune selling us the stuff that was paid for with our own tax dollars.

To add insult to injury the gooberment has to eat the shipping to send stuff to regional sites to sell it so they need less people to complete the mission.

You can tilt against windmills all you want Don Quixote but I don't see the status quo changing soon.

Like it or not GL has a monopoly and are prob going to hold on to it.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Unforgiven

GL is fine. It keeps the Generation-Me, instant-gratification youths out of the loop. It ensures that only serious buyers are going to get the goods. If it's too complicated then the Generation-Me's will just go back to Twitter, Facebook, and Playstation while deciding to keep their slammed out Honda Civics. That's fine by me. I prefer my truck to be unique in the neighborhood, as opposed to seeing one in every other driveway.

The only thing I wish they would change are their locations. There's really no need for old military junk to be stored on-base. An off-base lot adjacent to the military base would be much more convenient.

Jinx

GL is strict, but after the first EUC it gets easier. Just save your old corrected EUC paperwork and copy most of the information over the next time you win something. My last EUC cleared within a week of winning the auction. Like others have said, GL is just the middle man. They have to follow the government's regulations on filing paperwork or loose the contract. I think a little pain is okay if it means we can get military surplus. At least we have a chance to get it before it gets scrapped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks