• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL no longer able to issue Titles

McCrackin

Just got off the phone with a GL rep who tells me that since GL or Surplus Acquisition Venture did not renew their Dealer License that they can no longer issue Titles for any vehicles sold by them...He recommends getting a "Bonded Title" from my state (FL). This is really a problem since I was hoping to apply for a Certificate of Title for an M816 I bought from GL a few years ago.
I don't get it though since they are clearly still selling various cars and trucks...Weird !!

Last edited:

Gunzy

Then and bids on vehicles through them should be made accordingly. Bonds can be anywhere from $1000 and up, way up.

McCrackin

The 3rd party must be the Owner of the vehicle, who has the Title.

I still see trucks and vans but they are being sold "As Residue" I guess that means NO TITLES. I can see now that the "as residue" is clearly stated on the Item Descriptions however I am disappointed that they are no longer issue Titles for vehicles which were sold in the past. A large company like GL should carry all licenses related to selling things, it's just the cost of doing business. Now they have put themselves in a position where they can no longer service their customers (previous customers)... I would have thought that an important announcement like "No more Titles" should have gone out to all Buyers as a reminder to get their SF97 requests in quickly before they stop issuing them... Did they notify people ? I never saw anything...

Last edited:

tommys2patrick

I believe someone from GL at the Auburn site must be buying vehicles on the open market in Cali and then auctioning them under the GL umbrella. It says in the descriptions that they will be issued Cali titles in the new owners name. I have found some of the vehicles for sale under the previous owners name( previous to GL listing) and what they sold to the GL person for. Bought within a few months of being posted on GL. However, as discussed in another thread, the same vehicles seem to be relisted multiple times after multiple "auction sales" under GL. They just seem to keep coming back to GL for some reason.

painter paul

Here that could be termed title jumping if GL actually owned it in the interim. If they are just the seller it may work. Title jumping is illegal here.

tommys2patrick

Not sure about the title jumping thing. I know a lot of people that buy and flip vehicles for a living. They usually do some sort of work on them to get them roadworthy. my guess is that is what is happening.

painter paul

Here they would have to get title in their name then sell to the new buyer. It's of course a money thing so the state can collect taxes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

DrillerSurplus

Just got off the phone with a GL rep who tells me that since GL or Surplus Acquisition Venture did not renew their Dealer License that they can no longer issue Titles for any vehicles sold by them...He recommends getting a "Bonded Title" from my state (FL). This is really a problem since I was hoping to apply for a Certificate of Title for an M816 I bought from GL a few years ago.
I don't get it though since they are clearly still selling various cars and trucks...Weird !!
Can/will they still issue SF97 forms? I have a couple of trailers I've been meaning to get around to.

tommys2patrick

I received a reply from JWADE. He confirmed he is a GovPlanet guy and has no connection with Gov Liquidation. My misnake. With that being said, does anyone know if there is a steel soldier that has an inside track with GovLiquidation? Would be curious to know what the title issue is and if the "non residue" vehicles can/will in fact come with a title?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The link to apply for a sf-97 is still active on the govliquidation page

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks