• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL no longer able to issue Titles

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need an sf97 to apply for a state title for a surplus govt vehicle. It's essentially a govt. title

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can/will they still issue SF97 forms? I have a couple of trailers I've been meaning to get around to.
DLA would issue the SF97 to GL. GL had to have a dealer's license in order to "assign" the SF97 from them to you the buyer.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Well this thread got me thinking...:cookoo:...After looking in my records for all the titles...... I forgot to get the title for one of my CUCV-II's. :-(

I just went online and applied for the SF97 on the GL site.:popcorn:

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here that could be termed title jumping if GL actually owned it in the interim. If they are just the seller it may work. Title jumping is illegal here.
Title jumping is if you purchase a vehicle title notarized and never enter a buyers information then that buyer then sells it. That is illegal in every state. As a dealer I know that it is a HUGE fine on the business to sell a vehicle not processed under the dealership. Most vehicles sold under dealership will have titles changed ownership within a few months and then sold again. We are just the middle Man lol I don't know if applying for the title is any easier for under a dealer licence but things like out of state inspections are processed by each dealer. If I can help let me know.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

painter paul

Complicated, isn't it! Here there are no notarizations required anymore and we as dealers just reassign the title. That's why some sellers become dealers to make things easier!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailers are different though depending on state they have a weight requirement in order to title otherwise just need a bill of sale

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

TacticalTruck

The only issue I see is with sates like Virginia who don't accept the Form-97 with Gl on it and a dealer re-assignment. Virginia required GL to get a Florida title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks