• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl takes $,Before EUC is submitted.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Won M105 in event 3603 yesterday. GL already took $, before I had a chance to submit an EUC. GL sucks.

CCATLETT1984

since your not the first one they are doing this to, I'd file a complaint with the better business buearu. Also call and tell them you are going to do a charge back unless they remedy the problem.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
GL really needs to get their story straight, I've had discussion with GL reps who indicated that once the auction was won, they would collect funds on B&Q auctions and then hold the property unitil the paperwork cleared.

USMilitarySurplus

An email was sent to our customer notifying them of the change. The payments will be processed like the A sales. So your card will be charged, for example, and then when the EUC clears, the invoice will be posted to your account instead of being emailed.

I don't think it was implemented with MV hobbyists in mind, per se. Unfortunately, there are buyers who do not take the "this bid is a contract" verbiage very seriously.

mangus580

Re: RE: Gl takes $,Before EUC is submitted.

USMilitarySurplus said:
I don't think it was implemented with MV hobbyists in mind, per se. Unfortunately, there are buyers who do not take the "this bid is a contract" verbiage very seriously.
So you are saying this is primarily because of 'breached' contracts?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

USMilitarySurplus said:
An email was sent to our customer notifying them of the change. The payments will be processed like the A sales. So your card will be charged, for example, and then when the EUC clears, the invoice will be posted to your account instead of being emailed.

You keep mentioning "posted to your account", is this supposed to be some kind of benefit? If GL is concerned about "breached contracts" why don't they charge the 25% default fee upfront and then the balance once the EUC clears?

And what about the other forms of payment GL accepts?, is GL forgoing customers who wish to pay via bank transfer, or certified check?

:popcorn:

Michael

USMilitarySurplus said:

I never got the above email from GL but I have heard it here several times.

CCATLETT1984

I would like to know why a change like this was not sent to every user on GL, this is a BIG deal to me. Considering I may have the card tied up for WEEKS with the rate EUC's are processed. If you want my money at the start, I expect Timely processing. I agree with the above poster, charge 25% up front and the balance at the time the EUC is accepted.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well well we need a lawyer their web site has a ton of pages that still say the money will be charged to your credit card when the approved EUC is returned to them from DLA. When in business you must have all your dogs in the same pen.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm not going to hold my breath for a response.....

When you have a Monopoly on the sale of Goverment goods, and a 5 year contract.......

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Well well we need a lawyer their web site has a ton of pages that still say the money will be charged to your credit card when the approved EUC is returned to them from DLA. When in business you must have all your dogs in the same pen.
Please see above post ;)

ragedracer

CCATLETT1984 said:
I would like to know why a change like this was not sent to every user on GL, this is a BIG deal to me. Considering I may have the card tied up for WEEKS with the rate EUC's are processed. If you want my money at the start, I expect Timely processing. I agree with the above poster, charge 25% up front and the balance at the time the EUC is accepted.
I also never received this E-Mail. In fact, if I go to bid on an auction right now, it does NOT tell me this.

Look at my situation right now - its been 16 days since the end of my auction and my EUC was looked at for the first time today. I thought the greatest part was, in the email requesting a revision I was severely warned that I must have it fixed by next Wednesday or I lose 25%. So, GL gets over 2 weeks to even look at it, but I have 5 days....

rr

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I never got the email but just did get one telling me I better pay in due time or loose the lot and suffer a penalty funny thing is I already called my credit card company and told them the exact amounts of both wins. They responded by telling me the first charge has already gone through and that the second would too. Right on the EUC page it tells me the credit card will be charged after the EUC is approved. This is a real slap in the face to all of us and I think they need to be better at the head office all the folks in the yards are great and they should give back the SF97's to them and give them to us for free for tying up our money.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I have mentioned this before but I have had nothing but good luck with GL. Anytime the paperwork is wrong it is always my fault. The call backs and e-mail responses are a little slower than I would like but that's it. Am I the only one? It seems like I see a rate of about 95% to 5% bad versus good comments here.

Obviously I would love to get the paperwork when I pick something up and only pay for it then as well but we play by their rules if we want to play at all.

Yeah, I'm one of the newer members so maybe my rose colored glasses will fade............

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I called my credit card company and they confirmed that the payment for this sale was already accepted and charged to my credit account. That's good I thought although they are getting my money early it means I am on the way to a paid invoice someday..... Then this email comes in from them someone is sleeping at the switch!

Do not reply to this email. This is a form email being sent as a courtesy, replies to this address will not be received.

Dear Valued Bidder:

This email is being sent to you regarding payment in full for the Government Liquidation/DOD Surplus sales event listed in the subject line. Per GL Terms and Conditions of Sale, all outstanding invoices must be paid within 5 business days of the invoice date. The due date is approaching and we have not yet received payment in full. If we do not receive full payment in our office by the deadline, Government Liquidation will declare this invoice to be void, and a default fee of $30.00 or 25% of your winning bid amount, whichever is greater, will be assessed to your account.

Upon default, your GL account will then be temporarily suspended pending payment of this default fee with cashier's check, money order or wire transfer. Repeated defaults may result in the permanent deactivation of all GL accounts.

There are various reasons why your invoice may not be paid such as a security hold on credit card funds, daily limits, or something as simple as a specific lot requiring an FDA form. Please be advised - should there be a FDA requirement, your credit card will not be charged until we have received a completed form.

If you feel you have received this notice in error, please access your account online and verify the reason why your invoice is not marked paid; you can find this information under the "Invoices" tab on your account. Please contact customer service immediately if you have questions or think a mistake has been made.

If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service via phone at 480-367-1300, or via email at info@govliquidation.com.

Sincerely,

Invoicing Department
Government Liquidation
Ph: (480) 367-1300
Fax: (480) 596-4483

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Gotta love GL, David I feel for you. For all the statements made about"we're improving this" and "updating that" GL, in my opinion has gotten worse at their job!

Please let us know what they say, when and if you get to talk to somone who has a clue.

Ed

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Oh Robyn You Hoo where are you? Please get this fixed I am in Korea 9,000 miles away and in the next date zone and about as far off the clock cycle as I can be and I need your assistance. I emailed this to Vanessa who did a great job processing this sale (3627 invoice 381991 RI) and this is the sale the email was in reference to it is on my credit card as an accepted charge please help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks