• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl takes $,Before EUC is submitted.

shepsjeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL $ and EUC

I won an M109 in a GL aution last week and filed the EUC paperwork the night after I won, within 30 minutes I received an invoice that said I had 5 days to pay.  Since I had just filled out the profile a few weeks earlier as a new user, it asked for a credit card.  I checked my account and the charge was pending the next day.  I called them today and the girl said that it would be charged to the account today.  I asked her why they were charging the card before the EUC was cleared and she said, "That's the way it is".   From what I have read here, the GL rep dropped off line after making the comment about sending out some email to all users, which I never got as a new user either.
The Website also states that "Once you are approved and paid, an email with your paid in full invoice attached will be sent to your primary email address listed on your account profile.  Awaiting payment in FULL".  Payment has already be made in FULL, and no invoice in my possession stating it has been paid in full until approval.  I am supposed to trust these people!!  They need to get it together!  They are charging people (and collecting interest) for items they may not see for months, with no paperwork for the end user to back it up their purchase.  Not to mention, the vehicle you purchased sitting in the DRMO accessible by anyone allowed to enter the site to pickup their trucks and worrying about things getting removed from your truck or banged up getting to others vehicles.I agree with the posts to charge 25% up front (give the end user a statement with this amount paid) and upon approval charge the credit card with the pre-paid 25% credited to the account, send an approval to the end user with a paid in full invoice!This would solve the problem they are having with people not following their contracts and the 25% re-stocking (or whatever it's called).  From what I have heard from my friends in our club, the processes have changed.  an example:  Color copies of Drivers License (also not stated in their website).  No wonder it takes so long, the EUC  paperwork is being reviewed and kicked back to people and then you have to hurry up fix it and wait.  AGAIN!  Sound familiar? They received no emails either.
GET IT TOGETHER GL!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: GL $ and EUC

It is so much a sign of our times the beurocracy grows because of the liberals attempting to take over our freedom. Just another business trying to squeeze more out of it's customers. I miss the old days of in person auctions where we got the title and SF97 just by waiting in line to pay the clerk taking in the money got a great M105 A2 that way at Fort Hood right after coming back from Desert Storm I think the trailer followed me home.

derby

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GL $ and EUC

Hey, Robyn is that your truck in your avitar? I have had very little trouble with GL,So I don't really care when they take the money.Most of my papers go through with out any trouble. I think this is a nudge to keep buyers from backing out.You guy's remember all those trucks that "I saw sell at least 2 times" wich led to speculation of corporate bid fixing? But I must add I did not get the E-mail about the change.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Freedom is something we can not afford to loose so who cares if it is true now we are bound to tell you the oil level is fine only for you to find out the crankcase is empty.

In the exteme case "all fluids drained"

Any who I send all the correct documents in to Aaron at GL and he still has not opened my email with them in it from sale 3577

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

This should work, "everyone take a deep breath and hold it"

David, you still have not received any resoloution regarding GL taking payment and then threatening you with default because they say you have not payed?......

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

The deadline is approaching and I can not get a guy named Aaron to read his email I sent last week. This is so pathetic. If I loose the M1031 because of his attitude it will be a long drawn out battle with the company. I have delivery confirmation emails stating the date and time and what I sent so I will take it to a JAG and get DLA involved too. It is sad because Vanessa on the other hand processed my lot in near record time and it has been on its way to battle creek for almost a week and her sale closed a week after the one he is working. I am going to stay up again past midnight to get this resolved but none of this would be happening if they did not have my money.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

This is simply more of the BS that GL is spoon feeding us. That company sucks. It seems like they sit around and think...how can we screw with them now? Let's see...we've already removed any records of previous sales so they cannot follow auction prices. We've already hit them with a bidder's fee (I can see them raising it in the future). We've already tried to make it as difficult as possible by having GL staff at sites only on certain days, but still requiring that they remove their merchandise in a timely fashion. We've already decided to charge people for their title paperwork (instead of providing SF97s in the customers name for FREE just like GSA does and the DRMO used to od, or a state title, which they USED TO OFFER!!!). We've already decided that the peons can wait extrememly long amounts of time for their titling paperwork. It truly seems like they are writing the manual on HOW NOT TO RUN A COMPANY.

Take that GL customer. Open wide...take this spoonful and say MMMM.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Bruce, I happen to think part of your analysis is incorrect. The part about spoon feeding I disagree with. I feel that they are cramming this stuff right up the backside. David, when I had all the problems getting them to send me an invoice, I got lucky on my last call and spoke with Arryanah (sp). She took a personal interest and within 30 minutes, had me a paid invoice. I'd try for her.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter

No reputable company conducts business in this manner, by charging someones credit card or account and having them wait for days, weeks and sometimes months before the product is delivered. This is an unconscionable business practice. This puts them right down there on the level of USA 6X6.
I will say this again. There are many here on SS that have been wronged, therefore have a {cause of action}. A {class action suit} is in order!
We take a stand now or might as well just bend over and continue to take!

ragedracer

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GL $ and EUC

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
The deadline is approaching and I can not get a guy named Aaron to read his email I sent last week. This is so pathetic. If I loose the M1031 because of his attitude it will be a long drawn out battle with the company. I have delivery confirmation emails stating the date and time and what I sent so I will take it to a JAG and get DLA involved too. It is sad because Vanessa on the other hand processed my lot in near record time and it has been on its way to battle creek for almost a week and her sale closed a week after the one he is working. I am going to stay up again past midnight to get this resolved but none of this would be happening if they did not have my money.
I feel your pain my friend. I don't know what this Aaron guy is doing, but its been 3 weeks tomorrow that event 3577 ended. How the hell can he not process the EUC's from that auction in under 3 weeks?

rr

Michael

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GL $ and EUC

It just so happens I was cleaning yesterday and found my check from the last class action lawsuit I was involved (without being asked) with. I got back 13 cents from citibank in a class action lawsuit over their billing practices. Some group of lawyers probably got millions. If all you want to do is to punish GL and mabye get them to act just a little better while passing the extra expense on to their customers ie us then go ahead. If you expect to profit from it you are wasting your time.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GL $ and EUC

Michael said:
It just so happens I was cleaning yesterday and found my check from the last class action lawsuit I was involved (without being asked) with. I got back 13 cents from citibank in a class action lawsuit over their billing practices. Some group of lawyers probably got millions. If all you want to do is to punish GL and mabye get them to act just a little better while passing the extra expense on to their customers ie us then go ahead. If you expect to profit from it you are wasting your time.
:ditto: but the way things is going is just wrong. And makes it harder for collectors to get a truck at a decent price

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GL $ and EUC

Offroadfabworks said:
Michael said:
:ditto: but the way things is going is just wrong. And makes it harder for collectors to get a truck at a decent price
To get a truck period..... They have David's money, and are telling him they don't, and threatening to close his account and forfeit his auction win, I don't see how it gets any worse than that!!!!! WTF is GL's deal?

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You are correct when you say only the attorneys profit from legal action. I do not believe any of us are looking to profit from any legal action. I was merely pointing out the facts and a resolve. We just want to be treated fairly in a proper business like manner. Our request/demands are quite reasonable. The only way to punish GL is in their pocket books. They would have to pay for legal representation. At least fiiling an action might bring them to the table. Showing them we are serious about our concerns/issues.
If you have a better solution I am most certainly willing to listen, discuss, and consider.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You are correct when you say only the attorneys profit from legal action. I do not believe any of us are looking to profit from any legal action. I was merely pointing out the facts and a resolve. We just want to be treated fairly in a proper business like manner. Our request/demands are quite reasonable. The only way to punish GL is in their pocket books. They would have to pay for legal representation. At least fiiling an action might bring them to the table. Showing them we are serious about our concerns/issues.
If you have a better solution I am most certainly willing to listen, discuss, and consider.

Michael

I would imagine that David would like to resolve this in the next couple of days, not the next couple of years. I have never seen anything slower than lawyers at work. I would get proof of payment and email it to customer service and perhaps use online chat as well as a hard copy by registered mail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks