• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GLMVPA events. When are they this year?

ida34

I have been checking the Great Lakes MVPA website for a while now and the events listed are still last years events. Anyone know when they are going to update the website. I got my photo CD the other day and really want to plan on going to the spring trail ride but I need to find out what weekend it is. I also want to plan for Clare and the other events. I am already signed up for Thunder Over Michigan and want to sign up for Motor Muster as soon as possible.

citizensoldier

They just discussed all this at a meeting two weeks ago.. I would drop them a email and tell them we need to know.. Info is flowing slow this year for some reason.. I am the Tip of the Mitt head honcho and I dont even know yet.. I could not make the meeting in Kalamazoo to darn far..
Are they going to have re-enactors at Thunder over Michigan this year? I didnt go last year because they didnt..

ida34

The way they are talking there should be. My son is going in his WWII 101st Airborne outfit. I am probably going in my desert storm uniform and will sit with my truck on display. Maybe I can have my daughter dress up as an Iraqi soldier and she can walk around surrendering to me every hour or so. The would be my Desert Storm reenactment. They way they talked at the end of last year the reenacters were supposed to be the headliners this year. If you go let me know and we can tell tall tales for a bit.

11ACR-LT

I've almost got all the dates set, should be posting them this weekend, I have to get some POC names to finalize. Spring Trail ride is set for 25-27 April, Clare is going to be 15-17 Aug. Bear with me.

citizensoldier

Hey Curt.. We are bearing! LoL.. Ok this is good to know.. We all just need to know to plan our summer. I dont know about others but for me I am going to have to pick and choose because of fuel prices.. Glad to see you on here..

ida34

I was hoping you would chime in Curt. Thanks for the info. Next question is what is the address to send in our dues. I lost my newsletter and I don't think I paid my dues yet this year.

TedG

Hi Bill,

I received mine 2 days ago. Thanks for taking the time to put that together and mailing them out. Good idea with the label...so it is not tossed out!

Regards,

67Beast

Yep, got mine a few days ago also. Thanks! I lost track of time this year and forgot to send you my pics. Oh well, I'll save them up for next year. I have to nail down the date for the Silver Lake show. It will again be in Sept. usually around the third weekend.

ida34

Got mine and looking at all the pics of the events I missed is what caused me to start the thread. Thanks for the pics.

TedG

Bill sent the photos out so I thought I would post this awesome one :D My hmmwv pulling a cdn101 with a deuce tranny about to be lifted with DaveP's wrecker and Lane being the boss. No one can say we don't use these toys! Again, thanks for the pictures Bill!

On a separate note, perhaps we should have the Clare show in June? Or is it too late to change?

Regards,

Attachments

TedG

Lane,
Well it is just a thought. I know a lot of planning has to go into these shows and having a person say lets move the dates might torque a few gourds (rightly so). However there seems to be less mv things going on the middle of June then August here in MI and even more so in the winter. People might be still hunting for parts/traveling around...plus last August we froze are o.d.'s off! Go figure. Again, Clare is a great swap meet (Friday/Saturday) and I am glad we have it.

Another thought and probably more inviting is to have us mv nuts have a swap meet in the winter'ish time also. Indoor swap meet would be a good time for people to trade their GL/GSA auction items, finish purchase parts for their projects, etc. Here in MI there are currently a LOT of big empty warehouses just sitting. My warehouse here in Lansing can hold tables and small rigs but not any big rigs (big parking lot outside though). Again just a thought...not a knee jerk reaction.

Regards,

citizensoldier

Ted this is a great idea! The second part anyway.. lol. Most people are searching for parts in the winter and this is when they do most of there work. Lets see what we can do! I like the idea of a winter inside swap and show meet of somekind.. Will you forward this info to Curt and the GLMVPA site?
I dont think they can move the Clare show dates and they pushed them back one week later already because of conflict with another big show. Lets keep working on this its a great idea.. I for one dont like sitting on stuff until summer to unload it.. Plus I have noticed ebay booms in the winter.. Everyone home in the garage working on there trucks in need of that one part.

TedG

Funny one Chuck! Trade was meant for a gathering point of people picking up auction stuff for others to help save on fuel costs, etc.

Maybe Curt can chime in on a winter swap meet. Clare would work since they have a big rooms for meals, etc. plus the big parking lot. The CA guys have it right with the Tower Park swap meet; spring and fall.

I hear you Lane on the winter time prices and parts required to finish a project, etc.

Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks