• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GLMVPA events. When are they this year?

odjeeper

Show Dates...

At the last MMMT meeting in Grayling, we went through the 2008 event dates and here is what I copied down. Some of these are dedicated MV events, others are vehicle displays in conjunction with other events.

April 25-27 Fort Custer Trail Ride
May 17 Great Lakes Hobby
May 31-June 1 Midland Antiques Festival
June 6-7 Clarkston Military Show
June 14-15 Motor Muster @ Greenfield Village
July 17 TACOM Open House
July 28-27 Grayling/AuSable Riverfest
August 9-10 Thunder Over Michigan
August 8-10 Hillman VJ Day
August 15-17 Clare MV show
August 22-23 WWII & Vets Weekend @ Bruce VFW Post
September 27-28 Van Hoosen Farm
September 26-28 Camp Grayling Trail Ride

The old Arsenal of Democracy Chapter used to have a mid-winter party and for a short while one of the members used to host a winter trail ride at his house near Mio. I sure do miss those mid-winter events, especially the trail ride when folks would bring out Weasels, Otters, Sno-Cats, and Huskies to play on the snowmobile trails.

ida34

I would come to the show but I am not going to sell anything. You sound like my wife. I need all that stuff just like I need all the contents of the gun safe. I always ask my kids whose house there friends would come to in case of a zombie invasion and the answer is always our house. Can't fight zombies without spare parts. I would love to have a winter event.

67Beast

OK I just got done checking everything and the Silver Lake MV show will be on Sept. 13 2008. I was also talking with another guy about trying to set up a SS Michigan ralley that same weekend here and take trail rides throught the Manistee National Forest on the trails that run all through there. We could ride friday, go to the show sat. morning, ride sat. evening and sunday.

Ted, I really like the idea of a winter swap meet somewhere. I know it's the time of year that I'm looking for the most parts to finish projects.

As far as Clare, I like it when it is. I'm so darn busy with work during June and July that I'd never have the time to head to Clare.

TedG

Winter swap meet date/location ideas...either December, January, February.
December=no money, buying Christmas presents
January =no money, paying for Christmas present
February =need parts and hoping for the IRS send back our money to use at swap meet.

Location could be Grayling, Clare, Mt. Pleasant, Lansing, Jackson, other? I can try to arrange a Lansing location if there is interest. Anyone else in another location? I think between now and Clare, we should have some good ideas as to who, what, when, where.

Regards,

citizensoldier

Looks like March is it! Can you get a building Just north of Lansing? I know I could have one up here somewhere but doubt anybody would come. Would anybody be willing to drive and bring parts to Gaylord for a swap meet?
Shoot I wonder if we cant throw together a little one this year.. Custer is not until the end of April and thats not a swap meet. We really only have two, Midland and Clare. If anybody would be game the trails here are mighty snowy and muddy in March... Hell a non seasonable road would be a winch using adventure.. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks