• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gloss Black Bobbed Deuce Opinions

byrdo

Looking for opinions. I am thinking of painting my bobbed deuce Gloss black with a satin black chassis. I know the purest will be disappointed. However, since she is already modified I think this could be really cool. Especially with a chrome stack and mirrors. Anyway, just wanted to see what you guys think good or bad.

zoo

Its very hard to hide flaws on a gloss black paint job ,every bad spot shows up .
I wouldnt care for crome.
Gloss OD now that would be sweet.then gloss tan where you wanted crome?? Just thinkin outloud.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anybody else notice how big the winch chain is on that black deuce :shock:?

chgofiveo

Its very hard to hide flaws on a gloss black paint job ,every bad spot shows up .
I wouldnt care for crome.
Gloss OD now that would be sweet.then gloss tan where you wanted crome?? Just thinkin outloud.
I like it but good luck with all the body work and prep if its not perfect it you will see it
:ditto:

Also that gloss black will show EVERY rock chip and scratch... So... Forget about doing any work with that truck if you want to keep the paint nice. Although, gloss black on a car or truck is the hottest color around!

Good Luck!!

SasquatchSanta

I don't think I'd go with gloss black. As previously stated, gloss black is going to show every flaw. Black also doesn't do anything for the tires.

I had am M37 that was painted a 1987 Honda graphite gray. With a black bumper, winch headlights etc and battleship gray wheels it looked good. It was a semigloss and therefor didn't show every blemish. Here is a picture.

You do know that you're going to catch a lot of heat from the purists for a while if you paint it anything but military issue. :-?

Attachments

whzsup

Black is awesome when it's new.After that I think it's a real pain to keep up. By the way what are the wheels from on that black deuce in the pics?

Unforgiven

I never thought I'd say this in my lifetime, but I actually like the Camo colors. It fits the truck. The solid painted trucks just don't look as good IMHO.

mckeeranger

Did anybody else notice how big the winch chain is on that black deuce :shock:?
I found a chain like that in one of our deuce's tool box when I cut the lock off. I was told it's an armored vehicle recovery chain. The guy that told me that also said that really big ring on the end is to fit on the hitch.

I have found it's easier to drag it around than to try to carry it.

Pasaway

when I read your first post, I was against the idea, but actually that isn't bad.
Looks pretty good against the snow background. are you going to chrome anything else?

Unforgiven

That actually looks nice. You certainly spent some time cleaning the frame & chassis first. The only thing I don't like is the bridge ID plate. Maybe a slightly different shade of black like a flat charcoal would make it stand out, but not too much. And I love the single, hanging wiper asymmetry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks