• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat in tropical QLD

Finally found, and pulled the trigger on, an M561 in Oz. working on getting it trucked up from southern pastures for my next R&R...

Anyone know now where I might acquire tractor canvas from, hopefully before the wet season...

Spock

Aussiecowboy

We need pictures Spock, is it the white one? There are currently 6 goats in Aus as far as anyone can work out, 2 of which were converted to right hand drive. I just pulled the trigger on one also.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need pictures Spock, is it the white one? There are currently 6 goats in Aus as far as anyone can work out, 2 of which were converted to right hand drive. I just pulled the trigger on one also.
Okay we really need pics of the right hand drive version.

Been three import batches if I recall correctly.

About 8 came in to NSW with two then being re-exported to NZ and PNG.

Two I think came in to WA along with some tanks ex-middle East.

One private import to Melbourne.

I know where four are, have seen pics of another in rural NSW somewhere.

Thanks!

Frame is intact, but no canvas... Going to have to get the pattern for the carrier bows. Shipping US to Oz will only get them bent.

RHD converted, don't know how good a job and if I'll be changing it back yet. Hopefully the mining/exploration outfit did a good job... But we'll see.

Yes, it's the white one recently on Gumtree. Will post some pics the previous owner sent me when I get a chance.

I'm not going to see it until my next R&R.

Aussiecowboy

I got mine from Tassie, should be here in about a week and a half, it's coming to my place at Echuca. Mine is all original.

I know the bloke who did your conversion, if you'd like to speak to him PM me and I'll give you his number.

Are you military or fly in/fly out?

I got mine from Tassie, should be here in about a week and a half, it's coming to my place at Echuca. Mine is all original.

I know the bloke who did your conversion, if you'd like to speak to him PM me and I'll give you his number.

Are you military or fly in/fly out?
FIFO from WA

That'll make two in Echuca, one at Chanters winery in static display.

Spock

Okay we really need pics of the right hand drive version.
Pics as requested, no detail on the RHD conversion i'm afraid, these pics were provided by the previous owner.

Spock

Attachments

m38inmaine

Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like the cab bows are complete, just need a cover, even has part of the door kit still installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks