• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to buy wednesday

TheWeatherMan

So I am going to go and buy one of two trucks on wednesday. But I am not sure on which one to buy. They are both 1971's, truck one has no bed canvas and has some rust around the cab edges with a ripped up seat. But it has hole cut in the hard top for a gun ring with canvas covering it and about 35,000 miles on it. Truck 2 has almost no rust with the bed cover but only has just over 9,000 miles on it. Truck 1 is about $4000 and 2 is a few hundred more. The both have winches on them.

Is the gun ring on the top of the cab rare? I have seen them with the big ring but this one is right above the passenger seat. or should I shell out the few hundred more and buy the second truck with lower milage

Tlauden

Depends..

Do you want to get into the gun side of things? If yes, I would obviously ge tthe one with the gun ring.

If no, I would get the lower milage truck and see if you can get the bed canvas thrown into the deal.[thumbzup]

And all the above is assuming there both mechanically sound trucks:p

Oh and whatever route you go, WE NEED PICS :):):):)

Edit: sorry didn't know the ring wasn't there, misunderstood your original post, but the above still stands true, if ya wanna get into the guns with the rings you would be halfaw there with truck 1 :)

Last edited:

jbingvtx

The hole isn't a valuable addition in my book. I think it would depend on how comfortable you are with rust repair. Neither price is bad for winch trucks in good repair.

whyme

Isn't anyone the least bit curious as to why the hole is above the drivers side?? I can multi task but that's just ridiculous.

TheWeatherMan

The bed canvas comes with the 2nd truck, I was just wondering if the gun ring hole is common or not. I test drove the trucks and they both run well. But truck #1 with the ring also has a military radio on the pass side of the dash, but the antenna and mic is missing. Also I meant to say passengers side not drivers side for the ring hole.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bed canvas comes with the 2nd truck, I was just wondering if the gun ring hole is common or not. I test drove the trucks and they both run well. But truck #1 with the ring also has a military radio on the pass side of the dash, but the antenna and mic is missing. Also I meant to say passengers side not drivers side for the ring hole.
The gun ring hole is pretty rare on the drivers side , its kind of hard to drive and shoot at the same time.

DieselBob

I would go for truck 2 myself. I would have more use for the cargo cover compared to a hole in the roof. I also can tackle any mechanical repair but have no experience or tools for rust repair. The indicated miles are a big question on any of these trucks because many odometers have been changed while in service and unless you have the detailed maintenance records there is just no way to know for sure if it is correct. 2cents

Carl_in_NH

A ring is somewhat rare, a hole anyone can make with a saber-saw. A hole with nothing else is not a reason to purchase a truck - it's a reason to not purchase that one in particular.

motomacguyver

Less rust, and mechanical condition would be the seller for myself. I would also have no use for a hole in the roof. A tarp and bows IS nice in our neck of the woods, but I wouldn't buy one over the other just because of that.

Madfarmersson

Get the one with the gun mount, ring mounts are worth some $$$$ and are hard to get,
I am looking for a gun mount my self and am having a hard time.

If you have the money buy both, like DRGREG said one is just not enough.:grd:

Madfarmersson.;)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the one with the gun mount, ring mounts are worth some $$$$ and are hard to get,
I am looking for a gun mount my self and am having a hard time.

If you have the money buy both, like DRGREG said one is just not enough.:grd:

Madfarmersson.;)
It doesn't have the mount just a hole. Get the rust free one, this is a no brainer.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks