• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to look at a deuce

bonedoc

Going to look at a deuce today. It is a 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with a Continental motor and D turbo. Looks like it is in really good shape, tires practically new, all brakes redone less than 400 miles ago. He is looking for $5500.00.
I'll keep everyone posted.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394989338.342002.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394989363.346156.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394989374.957924.jpg

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a nice ride . Did you drive it yet ? All the big stuff has been done already . Price seems very reasonable . As Jeepsinker said , buy it ! good luck !

skinnyR1

That truck is currently, or was recently listed on ebay. Looks good from the pics, but then again, a fresh coat of paint makes things look good in pictures. Tough to tell till you see it in person.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no title in NY for that vehicle , in NY it is a TRANSFERABLE registration . Titles are for 1972 and up vehicles . He should have it registered HX . Should be no problem to get it registered in NY as HX , best deal in NY !

bonedoc

Skinny you are correct. The truck was listed on eBay as well as listed locally. The auction ended today but the seller notified that the person buying wanted to bow out. He notified me last night and after talking with him this am I went and saw it.
First off I will say it was windy as a mother and freezing this afternoon while looking at it. Truck seems solid. Body is in great shape with no rot and very minimal surface rust. The interior needs some work as it could use paint and fix up. Drivetrain appear solid with no obvious leaks, mild seepage at top of diffs but no flowing or dripping fluid. There was one rear wheel cylinder leaking giving a soft pedal, seller found this just a few days ago after truck had sat for last 4-5 months and plans to repair it. Tires appear new/nearly new. Front axle has some seepage around boots but no tears I could see.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395014162.708724.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395014184.736492.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395014205.073486.jpg

The bed appeared solid but could use some paint on surface

bonedoc

The motor is a continental and it looked like it was rebuilt in 86. It started right up and ran strong. It sounded real tight. It has a D turbo and the fdc was already bypassed. The oil pressure gauge didn't appear to work but it did not sound like oil pressure was an issue. All in all it appeared to be a great truck. Body is solid and overall it could be left as is an ran but to me there are a number of things that could be upgraded/ repaired to make it more enjoyable. For the money I think it is a good but with enough needing to be done to keep it fun!! I'll keep everyone posted, will go back up once it is warmer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395014958.451059.jpg

bonedoc

The seller bought it from a seller in Western PA and had a title then. He has it registered as a regular vehicle in N.Y. He said he had a title so maybe he has the original PA title. I'm not sure didn't ask to when I was there today.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bonedoc , just make sure the paperwork is for THAT vehicle , check the id #'s on the dash and left front frame behind the wheel . I am a little confused about the PA title , when he registered the vehicle in NY they would have taken the PA title and issued him a TRANSFERABLE Registration , which he signs over to YOU . Be careful with the ownership , you do NOT want to end up with a piece of LAWN ART !!! Feel free to PM me with any questions . Bob K

ATPTac

Looks like a pretty nice truck, and the price seems very fair. As far as the front boots are concerned, if they're starting to "seep", I'll be willing to bet if you poked them they would be extremely soft. You might want to go ahead and plan for replacing them with 1 piece boots.

When we got our '76 the LF boot was torn, I was showing my father in law the boots and went to poke the RF one and my finger went right through the boot :doh:. I was planning to replace both of them anyways, so it wasn't a big deal, but the non silicone boots do not last very long. In my opinion its well worth the extra work to pull everything apart and check your wheel cylinders, repack bearings, replace axle seals, and put non zippered silicone boots on. 2cents

bonedoc

Looks like a pretty nice truck, and the price seems very fair. As far as the front boots are concerned, if they're starting to "seep", I'll be willing to bet if you poked them they would be extremely soft. You might want to go ahead and plan for replacing them with 1 piece boots.

When we got our '76 the LF boot was torn, I was showing my father in law the boots and went to poke the RF one and my finger went right through the boot :doh:. I was planning to replace both of them anyways, so it wasn't a big deal, but the non silicone boots do not last very long. In my opinion its well worth the extra work to pull everything apart and check your wheel cylinders, repack bearings, replace axle seals, and put non zippered silicone boots on. 2cents
Yeah, I figured on doing that. I try to be a once and done type of person. I like to get all the parts needed and do everything in that area that is a likely wear or fail item. That is the way I work on all my items. I've already been pricing boots, seals, brakelines, etc as to me while I have it apart might as well replace it. Nothing irks me more than tearing something down and replacing the needed item only to put it back together and right away or shortly there after having to tear it apart again and replace an inexpensive gasket or seal.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to be a fair deal if you can get the title question straight. Very few M35s being surplussed anymore so they are getting more scarce and prices will probably go up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks