• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

goldneagle's M52A2 restore thread

Restore or Part Out the M52A2?

• Restore the M52A2

Votes: 40 97.6%
  • Part out the M52A2

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtdeucedriver

it going to be about 2.5 hrs to tim house to pick up towbar than 1 hr to zess

than 45 mph back home hopeful we pull in and i still have day light
You ever flat towed before???? I am saying be careful!!!! That tractor is 18K and whats the A3? 14K? I know the Multi's are 13.5K That tractor WILL NOT want to make turns being towed and you in that deuce are going to feel it and if the tractor decides to not turn, you may not have enough weight to persuade it to follow.

JUST A WORD OF CAUTION!!!!

If I were you, find someeone on SS with a M813 and use that to bring it home. If I were going a couple of miles, I would chance it..............................it sounds like you got over 40.

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

WHOA! We just jumped an entire year! What happened? Where is the rest of the story? It has been sold, ok. What does it look like now? Huh, huh, huh?

Danl

Danl M915A

Danger ranger that is a good Queston what dose it look like now, the last pictures i saw . the truck look like it fell off the ship comeing back from war.:popcorn:

goldneagle

Danger ranger that is a good Queston what dose it look like now, the last pictures i saw . the truck look like it fell off the ship comeing back from war.:popcorn:
Now that is not a nice thing to say about my truck! But that is what Justin Wehring delivered in the dark as a good truck that need a little work and brakes. Left it running in the yard cause the Engine Kill Switch was FROZEN! Talk about lack of disclosure!

goldneagle

Well to update the latest on the truck. Cajun666 came buy to pickup the truck. After looking it over in person i could tell he had 2nd thoughts about tackling the project. I right away told him if he was not totally happy with the truck that i had no problems letting him out of the deal. I had sold him the truck at $1000 less than it cost me but I don't want someone to have buyer's remorse on one of my sales.

I told him if you don't feel right about taking it I will fully refund your deposit and no hard feelings. He decided to leave the truck. ( I thought I represented the truck well but sometimes when you see it in person it seems overwhelming.)

I showed Joe the M109 since he was already visiting. He was impressed wit the work we did in the cab area and the 11.00 XLs. His Paypal deposit was refunded while he was on route home.

Looks like I will be keeping the truck for the time being. Might start getting some replacement parts for it while I have funds.

I need the following:

A replacement windshield (entire front with frames and glass, wipers)
2 replacement doors
2 mirror brackets and mirrors
ON switch
hood

Anyone having any please PM me with prices (be gentle) :grd:

Last edited:

Danl

Danl M915A

Sorry about that I was talking about the truck befor you started your hard enjoyment of a fixing up , I'm sure a whole year later this Gem is starting to take shape, No isult intended, I jest had the same kind of truck stolen from a gravel pit as I was talking to the owner about picking it up some punk kids rob the old man of all is junk and sold it for scrap steal, is to bad cause if it would of worked out in my faver I would of had lots of parts for you cheap , and I'm not sure if that truck is comeing back to the pit, I heard that the cops knew were it went so I don't think its been crushed yet they my have it inpounded so to speck

goldneagle

Sorry about that I was talking about the truck befor you started your hard enjoyment of a fixing up , I'm sure a whole year later this Gem is starting to take shape, No isult intended, I jest had the same kind of truck stolen from a gravel pit as I was talking to the owner about picking it up some punk kids rob the old man of all is junk and sold it for scrap steal, is to bad cause if it would of worked out in my faver I would of had lots of parts for you cheap , and I'm not sure if that truck is comeing back to the pit, I heard that the cops knew were it went so I don't think its been crushed yet they my have it inpounded so to speck
Actually I have not done anything to it in a year. I have been busy and I was trying to make more progress with my M109A2 project. One truck at a time! I also did not have money to buy the parts needed until recently. Now I want to at least replace the major body panels that make it look like a wreck and then decide wether to sell or not. Sometime the look of the truck can scare a buyer if they don't see how easily you can change the look of the truck by just replacing a few components.

The rest of the rust spots can be cut out and patched.

I will keep adding to this thread as I have time to replace the parts listed earlier.

vtdeucedriver

Diamond in the rough, Keep her around and you never know but you might find a need for it. I could not imagine my yard without mine.

vtdeucedriver

Hey actually let me see about my existing Mirror frames. I am switching over to the bridge truck style for both the M-54 and the M-62. You need a complete set?

jrobinson5093

If I can sell any of my stuff Im wanting this truck bad. I dont mind work. It does look like it needs a lot but I aint got any thing but time. It may end up if I get it a resto mod.

green crazy

Outlook what to buy and when

Hello all. Zev has offered me the use of this thread, Thanks Zev!. I posted some of my ideas as to how the truck will be restored. After sitting down and looking at the plan it stay the same however, once the truck makes it up hearand is cribbed up ,I will start at the front remove bumper,grill,windshield frame, fith wheel, ramps,tool box and decking and have those bead blasted,primed and repainted along w/the new hood. I have a good set of front fenders to replace what is on, however I have a lead on some NOS fenders which is what Im looking at. I bought on a whim from Saturn NOS quarter fenders that go behind the fuel tank and rear tandem years ago. I have NOS lift shackels for the front, new refectors red/orange and host of small used/new parts. Looking at the amount of work that will be done in cases like the quarter fenders I had a$50.00 quote to bead blast, however NOS at Saturn was $39.00 so yes it cheaper to buy new, but not always the case,I do like used parts over new, but it makes more sense to buy new in some cases it is the better idea. I found in my parts bin boxes the upgrade for the spin on oil filter kit. I have tracked down new exhaust parts.Im a self admitted pack rat. I also in process of restoring my M328 bridge truck so I do trade off in between other projects, Im hoping to have it ready for some local truck shows,yes it is a tad bit wide but it does fit in between the lines on the road. I found a donor truck at Royalton,Mn Ricks salvage,I have known Rick for several years but just know this, he is scrapper and does not care about our hobby, all of the trucks he has have no titles they come out of Camp Ripley as scrap. I did get a mint pair of mud flaps for M328 project to complete the destroyed mud flaps, if you know about bridge trucks at least the old ones they are huge and are not plentiful. Depending on his mood you will need a lot of $$$$$. I really appreciate all the help/advice that is coming my way until next time, Thanks guys Terry