• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

goldneagle's M936 Wrecker recovery and restore thread

srodocker

Ahh sounds good. I always look forward to your truck builds. Right now im stuck with replacing a coupler and compression to pipe connector on the air tank drains. stripped out the coupler which I got a replacement for then the compression to pipe isnt threading onto the air line. You know if its 3/8s compression for the air line fittings?

goldneagle

Made a couple of mods on the wrecker lately. Had issues with air dryer, so I ended up replacing it. I used the newer style air dryer once I modified it to fit the original bracket.

In order to get the air dryer to fit the original mounting bracket on the wrecker I had to cut off most of the triangle bracket that was cast on the air dryer.

Dryer_Mount_1.jpgDryer_Modified_1.jpgCut-Off_1.jpg

Here is what the air dryer looks installed:

Air_Dryer_Installed_1b.jpgAir_Dryer_Installed_1a.jpgAir_Dryer_Installed_1.jpg

All the air lines line up the same as to original air dryer hookup.

goldneagle

Today I fabricated a door in the back of the wrecker bed to replace the damaged metal partition. This door allows for easier dismounting of the boom support legs as well as other heady equipment stored on the driver's side of the wrecker bed. No more lifting the equipment over the back partition!

Door_Installed_1.jpgDoor_Installed_1a.jpgDoor_Installed_1c.jpgDoor_Installed_1b.jpgDoor_Installed_1d.jpg

Last edited:

goldneagle

What was the purpose of relocating the spare tire ?
The truck had standard 11.00-20 tires originally. The 14.00-20s do not fit behind the tool box on the M936A0 truck. The M936A1 and M936A2 have a narrower tool box to accommodate the wider tire storage behind it.

86m1028

The truck had standard 11.00-20 tires originally. The 14.00-20s do not fit behind the tool box on the M936A0 truck. The M936A1 and M936A2 have a narrower tool box to accommodate the wider tire storage behind it.
That makes since. I didn't think about the beds being different (tire sizes).
I like the mods your doing to make the bed area more user friendly.
Will be following your build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks