• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

goldneagle's WMO filter system.

goldneagle

+1

Good words of advice!

Also ... since I pick up oil in other peoples shops/yards ... I always put a pan under hoses when I have to disconnect or move them ... plugs and caps on EVERYTHING.

I'm also careful to drain my hoses and store them hanging into a 5 gallon bucket.

No matter how hard or long you shake them ... it seems there's always 3 drops left to makes a BIG mess.

:wink:

oddshot

I hear ya. I am already using the 5 gallon buckets to store the pickup tubes. I was thunking of eventually getting the cam lock connectors with plugs and caps for the hoses that get disconnected. Right now my budget is blown and I cannot justify any more $$$$$ until I actually start to see the savings roll in.

My biggest headache is the filter socks. i use the long ones. I need to set up a drum with two 6" holes in the lid to hang the socks to drain/store.

I am sure that as I use the system I will come up with additional methods to keep the oil spillage to a minimum. Handling the drums is another headache!

oddshot

I am sure that as I use the system I will come up with additional methods to keep the oil spillage to a minimum.

Handling the drums is another headache!
... and make sure you share each and every one of them!

It don't take much to make a BIG mess ... and a BIG oil spill will just WRECK YER WHOLE DAY!

That being said ... I seem to remember Gimpy telling folks: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep yer eye on yer fill line.

"Fall Out" is not just a fast four-handed game for two consenting adults!!!

If the fill line falls out while you are pumping you will say EVERY dirty word you know two ways:

Loud and long! :cry::cry::cry:

Gimp knows his "chit" ... I got a feeling he knows ALL about Fall Out.

I learned drum handling as a young and very skinny (120 pounds!) kid. Before I left for Basic in 1970, I got a job in a glue factory (H.B. Fuller. Adhesives to the World) in the ware house moving 55 gallon drums of glue around. 400 to 800 pounds (with the tare weight). On and off pallets ... all by hand.

Its an ART ... but once you get it ... you can do it all day without breakin' a sweat.

Practice.

oddshot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks