• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gonna need some help please!!

emr

Well thanks for the answers, i really just ask these things because it seems to happen alot, i did not know from the question that u had a very active and respected member already helping U, and that gives u really good credibility. at first glance it just seemed, well u know, Hope all is working out, I would offer to help if it were up here, i have helped i guess 4 people get there trucks from Picatinny in the last 3 years, 2 from here, and 2 guys that new me, so I know the drill and , well I have a shop that they were picked up from, I will say right before christmas a buddy called, randy i just bought a five ton my wife is going to kill me, man that was funny, But in his defense he can afford it and already has a mint GPW and a sweet m35 , I tow barred it to my house and left it in my back yard, I will say he manned up and worked on it and got all the things Me and My buddy gave him to do to get done and down the road safely , And to experience driving it home, i said its worth every second, fix it at my house, then drive it home like a man... :) He got home and called, He loved it, All the best... :)

1crook

Off the subject, but clintogf......your avatar.....your puppy dog??? he/she is cute.
Thanks Akguy. His name is Brian. He is a stray that found us. He is the sweetest dog ever and a big ham. He gets so happy and seems to know when I am taking pictures of him. I would say that this one is my favorite one of him.

sandcobra164

Zack is now Augusta bound. We replaced a leaking wheel cylinder on the right front, dropped the front driveshaft due to a clunking sound in the transfer as the front input is turned (air shift, not engaged), and repacked the bearings on 1 axle as it was put together without putting the RTV dam in the keyway and the gear oil had pretty well washed out the grease. It was fun, Zack pitched in and helped so it went quicker than I thought. It was a great learning experience for a new member and hopefully he'll be in Augusta, GA in just a few hours.

Attachments

sandcobra164

More pics, in first pic from left to right, Kenny, ZackSS, and Sandcobra164 (Joseph). Other pics, I've never seen a GPS in a Deuce and he powered it off of a 12 volt jump pack along with a phone charger and IPOD. Pretty much ready to go and hopefully he'll enjoy the ride home and not have any issues. It was a nice day to work and Zack even paid for lunch which we grilled and a case of cold beer. He's about the same age as me and he seems to be a great guy. Hopefully member's like me and him represent the future of this hobby, hardworking kids willing to take a gamble and through hard work and determination, able to make it happen. All you old joker's can line up to hand off your trucks soon!!!! At least they'll go to good hands.

Attachments

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Akguy. His name is Brian. He is a stray that found us. He is the sweetest dog ever and a big ham. He gets so happy and seems to know when I am taking pictures of him. I would say that this one is my favorite one of him.

Sounds like someone likes to watch Family Guy way too much. :D Used to like that show till the political slams started to get out of hand. :( I always thought Brian was the best character on that show but since I have the same name I may be a little biased. :)

It was fun, Zack pitched in and helped so it went quicker than I thought. It was a great learning experience for a new member and hopefully he'll be in Augusta, GA in just a few hours.
What do you mean "Zack pitched in"? You should have been standing over him with a whip while he did all the work. Best way to learn, I thought. :D Sorry, just had to get that out. Anyway, back to the deuce. This is what SS is all about and it's great to see someone set such a great example for others to follow. While I think everyone has forgotten about the rep point system since the "Thank" button was activated I haven't. So some well deserved rep points have been sent your way. [thumbzup]

And thanks for all the great pictures.

Ruppster

sandcobra164

Well, it turns out that the truck is deadlined for the moment about an hour a way for the transfer case noise. It's in safe hands but I'll probably learn soon what it takes to either change a transfer out OR pull a transfer, tear it down, AND reinstall it. Well, Zack learned some new stuff today, I'll learn some new stuff when that project comes around. Thankfully, the hubs that we went into stayed cool and the brakes that we worked on still work great. aua I hate it, I wished the truck would have made it home. It might have but there's no reason to risk driving it home if it's got a safe place to sit when it's making funny noises.

sandcobra164

Ruppster, you may be right but I just enjoy working on old iron. Zack has a background on turning wrench's, he just hadn't turned the BIG one's yet. I don't think I showed him anything that he couldn't figure out, I've just done it a time or two and he was on a timeline getting back to the house to his Little Princess who just hit a year old. Toss salt on that but Zack and I are in the same boat when it comes to that stuff. He thought my boys were pretty neat as they ran around everywhere.

3dAngus

WOW. That's really cool.

Anyway, where did he break down at? I'm not talented, nor do I have a deuce, but I'm in Perry if he needs a pickup.

Zack

Hey guys I made it home safe, unfortunately without my deuce but it is safely stored at the airport in Fitzgearld georgia. Just want to say thanks again to sandcobra for all of the help, I hope to be able to return the favor. As for my truck my uncle has a buddy that's gonna come take a look and see what he thinks is wrong I belive along with sandcobra its the T case. Didn't wanna chance getting to far away from safe storage and get stranded, and have to leave the truck. Looking for a possible replacement T case, or a truck and lowboy headed my way. Unfortunately im now broke at the moment. So my feelings are kinda hurt but that's life I guess.

emr

This post is what this hobby and site are all about, great job and all the Best!! I wish all the guys who ask for help were on it like this, very very nice to see.... [thumbzup]

rickf

As all the silly and fun posts about questions like, hey i bought truck and have no money and no idea of what to do fly around, ? is this a joke or real? just wondering, I guess my question is, after thinking about buying a used military vehicle and researching the idea, and then bidding with all the dead lines of removal and other things, Please do not mind me asking but I really would like to know , Why did U bid more than U have to remove it from the base? or why did U not find out how much it would take to remove it before setting a budget to purchase said truck, just wondering, And as for the unbelievable generosity here, i agree sandcobra is a great guy, But man this just seems to be a daily routine? hey can U guys go get my truck, I thought of nothing and hey how about some help from a guy behind a keyboard with no money, just sayin i guess, i could never do that, I did pull a truck out of picatiny for a guy who was from another state that asked for help here, and stored it at my shop for a few weeks , helped his trucker load late one eve. and did not want anything, but man that has got to get old, I sure hope generosity finds its way to u sandcobra,

Is this the same guy in these two posts?

Zack

Well guys back to south ga tomorrow. My deuce has been stored at my uncles airport in fitzgearld. I have been talking to a few diff folks on the site and they gave me some great info, on a few pointers on what to check. So i relayed the info to my uncle so he could check a few procedures for me. Turns out it is my T case,,,, I had pulled the front drive shaft due to the noise i was hearing. Well the output for the t case is not letting go all the way, turn the axle swith to the on position the noise goes away. So i will be able to drive it home saturday am:jumpin:. Wish me luck!!!!

sandcobra164

Good Luck Zack. You'll be a little far from me to help once you jump into the T-Case but I hope you post up what you learn and find. I'll take notes. Also, I pulled the driveshaft:grd:, you sat and watched my electric impact do most the work!!!:driver:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zack,
If push comes to shove, I can prolly borrow a tow bar, and we can take the 814 down and tow the deuce back to Augusta for you.

Zack

The deuce is home safe:jumpin:. Had a good drive home truck had great power, no hickups of any sort, just 53 mph all the way home with a smile:driver:. Now just have to fix a few little things and it will be ready for daily use. Thanks again to sandcobra couldn't have done it with out him!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Awesome :beer:

emr

Is this the same guy in these two posts?
Well yes it is :) I sure do take things as they are, and the first question was honest and to the point, I got the answers i ask for , and very fairly put to me also , So being a man and not 2 faced I put up like I say others should do, and got on board to offer support since it is and was deserved, But yes I did ask first what was up, sorry if U could not get that, I do say it like it is, and mean it, [thumbzup]