• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good experience with GL

mikeprince

I made my first purchase, an M101A1, with GL in late December. They helped fixup the mistakes in my EUC before submission, and my EUC was approved only 19 days later.

I scheduled my pickup for 10 days later. On the day of my pickup, and because it was a 5.5 hour drive, I left a little early which resulted in me being three hours early at the base. No problem. The base let me in, and Aaron (from GL) had a no-show so I was able to get out to the trailer. A few minutes later I was hitched up and on my way.

On a side note, I also made sure to get a temporary moving permit from the DMV. It was $18 here in California and was processed in just a few minutes by the person who "greets" people walking in the door (the information desk).

Next up is registering the trailer. I'm torn between paying the $60 fee for the SF97 and keeping the dated/heavy axle and lock ring wheels, or swapping in a Dexter 5200# axle with electric and parking brakes and matching 6x5.5 rims. (If I swap in the axle I should be able to register as homebuilt with new axles, rims, brakes, tires, and wiring).

I hope everyone else has as good of luck as I did.

Nonotagain

Most of the GL site managers are pretty good to deal with, now the management of GL is another story.

I think you are on the correct track with swapping out the axle for a commercial unit so that you can have electric brakes and use a common civy tire and wheel combo.

As for the SF-97 verses home built title, six of one half dozen of the other.

Good luck with the trailer and post pics when you get a chance otherwise someone will razz you with this.

nopics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks