• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good experience with GL

mikeprince

I made my first purchase, an M101A1, with GL in late December. They helped fixup the mistakes in my EUC before submission, and my EUC was approved only 19 days later.

I scheduled my pickup for 10 days later. On the day of my pickup, and because it was a 5.5 hour drive, I left a little early which resulted in me being three hours early at the base. No problem. The base let me in, and Aaron (from GL) had a no-show so I was able to get out to the trailer. A few minutes later I was hitched up and on my way.

On a side note, I also made sure to get a temporary moving permit from the DMV. It was $18 here in California and was processed in just a few minutes by the person who "greets" people walking in the door (the information desk).

Next up is registering the trailer. I'm torn between paying the $60 fee for the SF97 and keeping the dated/heavy axle and lock ring wheels, or swapping in a Dexter 5200# axle with electric and parking brakes and matching 6x5.5 rims. (If I swap in the axle I should be able to register as homebuilt with new axles, rims, brakes, tires, and wiring).

I hope everyone else has as good of luck as I did.

Nonotagain

Most of the GL site managers are pretty good to deal with, now the management of GL is another story.

I think you are on the correct track with swapping out the axle for a commercial unit so that you can have electric brakes and use a common civy tire and wheel combo.

As for the SF-97 verses home built title, six of one half dozen of the other.

Good luck with the trailer and post pics when you get a chance otherwise someone will razz you with this.

nopics.