• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Google Search

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Consider it BETA, but I've added a google search function to the site. It's located in the left column just above the chat status. Please test it out and see if you like it.

EDIT: it's now LIVE! It's replaced the search in the top right navbar.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a search for deuce brakes and it actually returned threads that were pretty decent.

Thanks

You mean like RTM and that we are mean to ask (ask mind you) people to use search? I'm not taking the bet.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GYHOOYA, is another one that comes to mind often.

You guys do realize that 40% of the time, I simple read a TM to answer your questions, and 40% of the time I just google your title(or relevant words).

It's what I call, "using the Internet".

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Works well. I entered "gear oil" and it had links to everytime someone asked the question. Afraid to enter "hole in bellhouse"

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just tried the new search.

I put in, "filter number mep-003", and the results were spot on!

This will really improve members success in finding what they need, without posting the simplest things out of frustration(I hope).

Thanks for the improvement!

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sooo, bumping for more feedback. My next plan is to relocate/replace this search from the left column up to the top right search box. That is, IF, everyone thinks it's a good move forward. (I should be able to allow a link to the old search to filter by section if you wish)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Move it but keep the old one if possible. I use it for specific searches.

Thanks

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No sir, I was dead serious.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well the problem with keeping it is real estate. I'm going to tinker on the sandbox to see if I can keep the advanced link, but replace the blank. (The advanced link should take you to the vB based search)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here's the thing:

The in-house search got awful after the most recent upgrade-up until then, that's always what I'd used. So I've moved to google.

But, the in-house search still has two nice features: You can filter by forum and by author. That helps a lot.

So I'd vote for keeping both. If it's possible.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well the problem with keeping it is real estate. I'm going to tinker on the sandbox to see if I can keep the advanced link, but replace the blank. (The advanced link should take you to the vB based search)
Real estate is the problem, there's just simply not enough room to have both blanks up top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks