• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Google Search

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The default vB search does have another page, I should be able to leave the advanced search link. But the boxes can't both be on the menu bar.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem solved. :mrgreen:

Drew, thanks for all you do. I know you can please everyone.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I've got the search bar replaced on the test site with the google search and it works. Also still have the link under it for advanced (vBulletin based) searchs. And of course the "search forum" option will still be listed under each forum. I'm going to see if there's a means to "brand" the results screen with Steel Soliders Logo/markings next. I just don't want someone to get confused that they did a search on the site and ended up on "google" you know.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, got the icon/banner changed. But I want feedback on the coloring. I can easily make the background a OD color for the results list. But I'd like to know what people would like.

Is there an option to increase results per page? As well as splitting the ads up between top and bottom like a traditional google search?

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I can change it, but it's an all or nothing setting. So if someone uses the non standard SS theme, they'll get an "OD" theme search result screen. That's why I wanted feedback.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I've moved the search from the left panel up to the main navbar. You can still use the vBulletin based search with the advanced search link below it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there a way I can filter the google results to only show results in the deuce forum? I thought: site:http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?20-The-Deuce diagnose alternator would be the fix, but it doesn't work?

I can't use the in-house search because it finds too much with the terms I need to use and the google search is pulling up all the CUCV garbage.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks