• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got me a M116A1 Pioneer Trailer this weekend

Greensteel37

hey john,butch here,think i met you at the GAMVPA rally last year,good deal on the trailer,cant remember your friends name but he has an M211,sold him a few parts,just wondering how his truck project is going,dont mean to hijack thread,just saying HEY YALL,good luck to all on your projects from a fellow southerner
Hi Butch,

Russell's 211 is still chugging along. He does all the parades he can in it and brings it to some local shows. I'm trying to bribe him into bringing it to more show by splitting the gas with him. We'll see if it works or not!

I hope things are well on your end!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a great deal on that trailer. Colemans in PA is selling them for $500 with no title, but they are pretty rough. And yes, I think if you enter through the back "hole", there is enough room to sleep.

Greensteel37

hey john you get those dimensions

Not Friday....it was dark and pouring rain when I got to my buddy's house. I'll be back over that way next weekend (he lives about 45 mins away) working on stuff. Sorry I couldn't get them this weekend. I had the opportunity to get two M37 engines and I had to spend time to do that.

phataux

its cool..... there is a dimension plate on it in one of your photos but its cut off before i can see any dimensions........... maybe he can take a pic???? or i can wait...... there is no info anywhere on the net about these they must be very rare.... im pretty sure i want one pretty bad

LanceRobson

The box dimensions are 48" W, 96" L, 36" H.

Subtract the thickness of the sheet metal and the square tube frame for the interior.

There is a floor to ceiling center divider that supports the roof and side doors while allowing more wall space for tool stowage. It is right in the center of the trailer, perpendicular to the front wall. It is 58" long and divides most of the trailer into two bays about 23-1/2" wide.

There are a large number of cleats and angle iron brackets welded to the walls and floor to stow the tools. They'd have to be cut and ground out to get a flat floor.

The hinges for the side doors are made of a flat rubber strip. Mine were crumbled and shot. The original hinge material did not have any reinforcing fiber in it so I used strips of the rubber impregnated flat drive belt we use for our antique tractor and stationary engine implements.

I used a gasket punch sized for a tight fit for the bolt holes and used stainless cap screws with lock nuts on the inside. Some of the holes are riveted where they pass over structural stuff inside and are blind holes. I cut the belting material about an inch long at both ends and the overhang has gone a long way to keeping more rain and snow out than the original hinges. There is a steel "U" channel that goes over the top of the hinge. I set it in silicone, under the channel, to help waterproof the 160 or so holes. The hinge has been on six or seven years with out leaking or visible degradation.

The trailer is in pretty constant use so the hinges have held up well.

Lance

phataux

lance thats exactly what i needed. thanks a bunch ..... and now armed with this info im saving up for one this trailer is exactly what i need again thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks