• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my first deuce! Maintenance/build thread

I haven't verified this info yet, but according to the previous owner of my deuce, mine came out of Ft. Knox, KY., went to a farmer who used it as a hay truck to feed his cattle and sat for about 6 years. The previous owner went to look at it, hooked jumper cables to each battery for about 10 minutes from his Dodge 3500 dually. He said after charging, he hit the starter button and she lit off like it was already warmed up! He had her for another 4 years and when he found out the cost of converting to a dump bed for his tree trimming business, he stuck her on craigslist without pics for a month before I called him. I traded my custom 67 Harley Davidson Ironhead chopper straight across for the truck and a slightly rusty M105 trailer. After a 580 mile recovery trip a month and 3 weeks ago, she ran great the whole way home and the rest is history.
:driver:

Rubenk

I haven't verified this info yet, but according to the previous owner of my deuce, mine came out of Ft. Knox, KY., went to a farmer who used it as a hay truck to feed his cattle and sat for about 6 years. The previous owner went to look at it, hooked jumper cables to each battery for about 10 minutes from his Dodge 3500 dually. He said after charging, he hit the starter button and she lit off like it was already warmed up! He had her for another 4 years and when he found out the cost of converting to a dump bed for his tree trimming business, he stuck her on craigslist without pics for a month before I called him. I traded my custom 67 Harley Davidson Ironhead chopper straight across for the truck and a slightly rusty M105 trailer. After a 580 mile recovery trip a month and 3 weeks ago, she ran great the whole way home and the rest is history.
:driver:
Awesome! I dont have a clue to mine's history other than it had a Michigan title before the guy I purchased it from.

I'd love to have a Kaiser, but couldnt turn mine down. I have a 68 Kaiser Jeepster Commando that was restored(civvie duty) by my grandpa and was his golfin rig. Figured it would be cool to have both Kaiser's

Rubenk

Did an oil change, fuel filter change, air filter, new headlight, drained air tanks(first time), broke wiper air switch free and found out they both work nicely, just need blades, and bought a pyro for it all today.

Going to the tire shop tomorrow for a flat fix, then I should get a new fuel line tomorrow or friday. Once that and the pyro is installed, ill turn up the fuel a little at a time till i hit the sweet spot!

Neither of the fuel or oil filters and fluids looked bad at all, only one of the air tanks had a little bit of water too! Im really surprised at how good of shape this thing is mechanically so far!